Initial Version Feedback Requested

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:12 am
TOPS offline

Re: Initial Version Feedback Requested

Hi Dave,

Thanks, that worked :D ...ish...so how do I get the CP to Control the other areas, launch an app etc, download channel icons? I tried the same process but nothing happens :( .......so with your help I have navigation controls...its a good start

Cheers

Dave

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:50 pm
DaveL17 offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks, that worked :D ...ish...so how do I get the CP to Control the other areas, launch an app etc, download channel icons? I tried the same process but nothing happens :( .......so with your help I have navigation controls...its a good start

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave - good deal. We're getting there. Here is an example of one action that I use to launch the Netflix channel:
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 1.44.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 1.44.52 PM.png (53.88 KiB) Viewed 4524 times

It's tied to a static image of a button. I have several defined in the same way. Note that the direcTV button actually changes the source on my DVR to show my direcTV feed after watching the Roku.
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 1.48.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 1.48.13 PM.png (22.56 KiB) Viewed 4524 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:17 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I think Dave answered the channel launching... mine does exactly as his is setup to launch channels. In terms of downloading channel icons, it won't do anything that you can "see", just that the icons for the channel will be downloaded into the images directory in your Indigo directory structure (in the 'static' subfolder IIRC).

Adam

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:58 am
TOPS offline

Hi Dave & Adam, :D

Thanks for your help, I have got it working ok now, I've got the icons launching channels etc, one thing, is there away, to display on CP a bit like your Tivo plugin Adam, to show the state of what channel the Roku is on? and its connection state?

Great bit of kit,

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:29 am
DaveL17 offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Dave & Adam, :D

Thanks for your help, I have got it working ok now, I've got the icons launching channels etc, one thing, is there away, to display on CP a bit like your Tivo plugin Adam, to show the state of what channel the Roku is on? and its connection state?

Great bit of kit,

Cheers,

Dave

I'll leave it to Adam to provide the definitive answer, but I don't think there is presently a way to do that through the Roku's api. I could be wrong about that, but I haven't seen one.

Cheers,
Dave

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:37 am
TOPS offline

Ok, Cheers Dave,

On another little issue, I've set up my CP and used the navigation Graphics to build my "Remote" I can't seem to get the "OK"/"ENTER" button to send the command for OK/ENTER, I can get all the other commands to work just not this one (it's quite an important one) I've changed the "Times to send" to a few different values but still nothing.....

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

Try "Select". :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:21 pm
RogueProeliator offline

No, as Dave mentioned, there is not an option in the API to get the current status of the Roku -- it is a fairly basic "control" API that has very little feedback.

On another little issue, I've set up my CP and used the navigation Graphics to build my "Remote" I can't seem to get the "OK"/"ENTER" button to send the command for OK/ENTER, I can get all the other commands to work just not this one (it's quite an important one) I've changed the "Times to send" to a few different values but still nothing.....

The Roku has a couple of confusing buttons, not the least of which is OK/ENTER and SELECT. As Dave said, you are likely looking for the SELECT button. Not positive, but I think perhaps the ENTER is primarily used in text-entry scenario. Not 100% sure on that, but I believe it to be the case.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:28 am
TOPS offline

:D Hi Adam & Dave

That sorted it....feel silly now :oops: I must have missed the Enter Key.....all working fine now,

Cheers for all your help (Both of you) :)

Dave