TiVo Media Guide

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:05 am
xfiring offline

TiVo Media Guide

Is there anyway to show the onscreen TiVo guide, kind of like in Roomie/Simple how you can load the media guide see what is on and then select what you want to watch? I thought it would be great if there was a way to access the TiVo guide and bring that up.

Just to clarify this would not be hitting the guide button and seeing it load on the TV screen, this would be loading the TiVo Media Guide (tv listings) and see it within a control page (iPad/iPhone).

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:46 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: TiVo Media Guide

Just to clarify this would not be hitting the guide button and seeing it load on the TV screen, this would be loading the TiVo Media Guide (tv listings) and see it within a control page (iPad/iPhone).

That isn't possible in the current Control Page setup - assuming the plugin could even read that information. I suspect we could get the plugin to obtain the data, but there would be no way to present it.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:54 pm
xfiring offline

Thanks for the quick reply. Why can't we get a control page to load it (thinking just a blank database driven side panel). But i haven't really begun playing around with Indigo that much yet. I am using Roomie/Simple for AV control but still want to get to one system if possible.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:26 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Why can't we get a control page to load it (thinking just a blank database driven side panel). But i haven't really begun playing around with Indigo that much yet.

Basically, control pages don't work that way - they are not as flexible as you are describing in your example. Some people have tried to play around with making custom GUIs outside of control pages, but it is a lot of work and still really wouldn't have custom-interaction with plugins such as you describe. What you describe would need the plugin to maintain a database that is read off from a separate web page (not a control page) which is presented from a custom GUI. A lot of work there...

While not custom and integrated, maybe you could make a button to launch the TiVo application when you need to see a guIde?

Page 1 of 1