roamio supported?

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:27 pm
dduff617 offline

roamio supported?

i'm attempting to use the plugin with a tivo roamio. is this supported?

when i try to transmit a simple remote command, i get "TiVo Network Remote Plugin ErrorExecute action called for non-managed action id: irCommandToTivo".

my roamio seems to have two different IP addresses (one shows up in the "tivo devices found" menu in the edit device settings dialog). i tried both.

i tried and i seem to be able to telnet to tivo ip on port 31339.

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: roamio supported?

I have no idea if it works with it or not -- I haven't heard (for better or worse) of anyone giving it a try. If you would, please put the plugin in full debug mode (via Plugin Configuration dialog). Restart the plugin and let's see what happens... if it connects but doesn't error until you send a command, go ahead and send a command as well before turning off debug.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:19 pm
dduff617 offline

turned on debugging, then restarted plug-in.

the log line at the very bottom came in when i tried sending an arbitrary command ("IRCODE DOWN").

Code: Select all
TiVo Network Remote Plugin      Debug set to True by user
  Reloading plugin "TiVo Network Remote Plugin 1.3.14"
  Stopping plugin "TiVo Network Remote Plugin 1.3.14" (pid 19132)
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin DebugEntering deviceStopComm for FR TiVo Roamio; ID=42224328
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin Errorexception in deviceStopComm(FR TiVo Roamio): 42224328
  Stopped plugin "TiVo Network Remote Plugin 1.3.14"
  Starting plugin "TiVo Network Remote Plugin 1.3.14" (pid 73415)
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin      Initializing RPFrameworkPlugin
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin      RPFrameworkConfig.xml not found at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/TiVo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml, skipping processing
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin      Customizing MenuItems.xml
  Started plugin "TiVo Network Remote Plugin 1.3.14"
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin DebugEntering deviceStartComm for FR TiVo Roamio; ID=42224328
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin Errorexception in deviceStartComm(FR TiVo Roamio): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not str
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin      Your plugin version, v1.3.14, is current.

Nov 1, 2015, 14:15:31
  TiVo Network Remote Plugin ErrorExecute action called for non-managed action id: sendArbitraryCommand

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:22 pm
RogueProeliator offline

TiVo Network Remote Plugin RPFrameworkConfig.xml not found at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/TiVo Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml, skipping processing

This line indicates that the plugin was renamed prior to installation... I would suggest deleting your existing copy and downloading a fresh copy. Make sure that it is not renamed (such as when downloading) before installation. I suspect you have a "-2" or something in the name. It isn't the device that is causing the issue but rather the plugin not able to configure itself.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:22 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I suspect you have a "-2" or something in the name. It isn't the device that is causing the issue but rather the plugin not able to configure itself.

@dduff617 - were you able to check and/or resolve this issue?

Posted on
Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:19 pm
dduff617 offline

you're correct that it does look like plugin got mis-named automatically during download process with "-2" on the end.

within indigo, i disabled the plugin, then went to the plugins (disabled) folder and located the plugin, deleted it. downloaded new plugin, saw that downloaded file was correctly named, double-clicked on it to install. but at that point, it seems that indigo took over and re-installed and enabled the plugin again but still under its former name (with the "-2" on it again).

so the next attempt, i disabled the plugin, stopped indigo server, then manually renamed the plugin (removing "-2" from the name), restarted the server and re-enabled the plugin and that finally seemed to fix it.

one other minor hitch: in the settings for a new tivo network remote control device, there's a pull-down menu of devices found. my roamio has two separate IP addresses. i believe one is for the built-in tivo stream device and one is for the tivo itself. the IP that appears in the pull-down menu is the one for the stream. trying to use the plugin with that address failed. if i manually enter the other address, the plugin then seems to work.

so things seem to be working now - at least i'm not getting error messages. more exhaustive testing will happen this evening when i can actually see the TiVo screen and try some things out.

thanks!

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:30 pm
RogueProeliator offline

one other minor hitch: in the settings for a new tivo network remote control device, there's a pull-down menu of devices found. my roamio has two separate IP addresses. i believe one is for the built-in tivo stream device and one is for the tivo itself. the IP that appears in the pull-down menu is the one for the stream. trying to use the plugin with that address failed. if i manually enter the other address, the plugin then seems to work.

Hmm, good to know though I don't really know what to do about it since I don't have one to see the return. Perhaps I can at least add a message on the screen to inform users of the issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Adam

Page 1 of 1