Dayton Audio Controller Plugin

Posted on
Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:28 am
alphaboy offline

Re: Dayton Audio Controller Plugin

That's awesome excited to adding the action when you have a chance to update the plug-in!

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 11:05 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I apologize, but while going through some older messages I realized that I hadn't ever put you up a release to try... Please download this beta version and see how it goes -- my receiver is not hooked up at the moment so you are my "lab rat" for testing; hope you don't mind! :)

https://github.com/RogueProeliator/IndigoPlugins-DaytonAudio/archive/v1.0.5.zip

Adam

Posted on
Sun May 27, 2018 7:59 pm
agm offline

I know their is a possibility this is not the correct place to post this, but I really don't know where else to start. I purchased the 6 zone Monoprice receiver and the Global Cache IP to Serial with Power over Ethernet: IP2SL-P to hopefully provide the link between the serial port on the Monoprice receiver and the Dayton Audio Controller Plugin. Does anyone know if this will even work? I'm sure I need to do some sort of setup to the Global Cache, so it is recognized by the Dayton plugin, but that is where I'm lost. Can anyone help me with this?

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:45 am
hamw offline

Is this plugin still supported/available?

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:10 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Is this plugin still supported/available?

I haven't needed to do anything to it in a long while - it has just been running along; I will need to upgrade to Python 3 here shortly.... but it should get there.

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:23 pm
hamw offline

Great to hear. Will it currently run on the latest Indigo v2022.2? Also, I think one can concatenate two amps and the plugin recognizes them?

Posted on
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:35 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Great to hear. Will it currently run on the latest Indigo v2022.2? Also, I think one can concatenate two amps and the plugin recognizes them?

Yes and.... I think so? I haven't tested it in that configuration as I only have one but a while back someone was using it successfully in that configuration I am pretty sure.

Posted on
Fri May 05, 2023 10:07 am
ELWOOD offline

Great news to hear the plugin will be soon updated. I have been using the plugin since it was first released, with the Monoprices 6 zone amp and it works great with no problems. I am planing to move to a new house this summer and will be starting a new indigo system from scratch. Anyone looking to buy a fully tricked out indigo house in Bergin Country New Jersey?

Dayton Audio has a new version of there distributed audio amp now available which I plan on using in the new house. https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/185 ... dio-system Any chance you can integrate the plugin with this amp. The new version is set up very similar to the old version so hopefully it may work. The new version now has 8 -zone 8-source and 80 watt per channel. Still has the RS232 serial controller with added WiFi and hard wired ethernet. Added Matrio™ mobile app, streaming audio and Air-Play .

I have installed one for one of my customers and they love it. I am very impressed with the final setup, no Indigo setup for this customer but I will defiantly be connecting to Indigo when I setup the new house.

Posted on
Sun May 14, 2023 2:50 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Dayton Audio has a new version of there distributed audio amp now available which I plan on using in the new house. https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/185 ... dio-system Any chance you can integrate the plugin with this amp. The new version is set up very similar to the old version so hopefully it may work. The new version now has 8 -zone 8-source and 80 watt per channel. Still has the RS232 serial controller with added WiFi and hard wired ethernet. Added Matrio™ mobile app, streaming audio and Air-Play .

I don't know, probably will just have to have you try it -- upping the plugin to support 8 would be pretty trivial I think. I need to get plugins updated to Python 3 and then can take a look at the docs and see if the protocol is the same, just adding a higher limit on zones.

Adam

Posted on
Mon May 15, 2023 9:22 am
ELWOOD offline

Thanks for looking at the new version of the Dayton Audio Controller , if you download the user Manuel https://www.daytonaudio.com/images/reso ... ual1.6.pdf Look towards the end they list the RS-232 command list shows the info for controlling the unit through the serial port. Hope this helps.

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:13 am
vtmikel offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

I don't know, probably will just have to have you try it -- upping the plugin to support 8 would be pretty trivial I think. I need to get plugins updated to Python 3 and then can take a look at the docs and see if the protocol is the same, just adding a higher limit on zones.

Adam

Hey Adam - wondered if you were still planning to update to Python 3 for your plugins? The Onkyo plugin is my last remaining must-have to get converted to Python 3 and upgrade Indigo to 2023.x

Mike

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:47 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Hey Adam - wondered if you were still planning to update to Python 3 for your plugins? The Onkyo plugin is my last remaining must-have to get converted to Python 3 and upgrade Indigo to 2023.x

I am in the final testing phase of one plugin and I believe Onkyo is up next. I have had some time constraints over the last few months but have made some progress in the last couple of weeks on the plugins remaining.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:36 pm
gillekes offline

I’m actually not updating to 2023.1 because of the onkyo plugin.
Thank you for updating the plugin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk