Logitech

Posted on
Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:46 pm
Pilott28 offline

Logitech

Looks like you have done a lot of work with remotes. I have a home theater with all the equipment running off the Logitech Harmony touch screen remote except the lights. Indigo says they are not interested in integrating Logitech directly, but suggested a 3rd party plug in. Would you have any interest in helping me figure out how to make this work?

Thanks, Keith

Posted on
Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:28 pm
toille27 offline

Re: Logitech

I've been using my Logitech Harmony remote with the Insteon IR linc receiver for four years now and it works well. I only use it to control one device associated with my theater system but I could expand it to control any of the Indigo devices.

http://www.smarthome.com/irlinc-receive ... oC6c_w_wcB

Logitech's Harmony software supports the item. https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility ....type in Smarthome 2411R

The device essentially reads any button press of the Logitech remote and reports it to the Indigo log and from there you can set up triggers to do anything you want. The Logitech software lets you associate any button on the remote with the custom home theater activity you create.

On the down side it does take a while to set up and occasionally there are delays in reaction time.

Posted on
Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I am pretty sure that the Logitech remote (outside of the hub) is IR-only, so there isn't all that much integration that can be done outside of what @toille27 describes. At least I am pretty sure it cannot active URLs or IP-control devices.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Pilott28 wrote:
Indigo says they are not interested in integrating Logitech directly, but suggested a 3rd party plug in.

Just to be clear - your question was specifically about the Harmony Hub. As others report, IR integration can be accomplished in a variety of ways, including the Global Cache devices and the Cynical Cache 3rd party plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:59 am
Pilott28 offline

Thanks Adam and toille27 for clarifying and offering your solutions. I ordered the 2411r. Shame insteon doesn't offer a wall switch with ir integration... That would be a simple solution.

Jay, I looked at the global cache solutions and they seemed more expensive. I got a deal on a refurbed ir unit off amazon and think it will fit my limited need.

Thanks, Keith.

Page 1 of 1