Moving Zwave Sticks and Encryption

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:51 am
joesan offline

Moving Zwave Sticks and Encryption

I have an Aeotec Gen 5 stick that I'd like to try out in Home Assistant, just for fun.

At the moment, the stick contains 20+ zwave devices that Indigo controls flawlessly. To try the stick in HA, the configuration screen for the zwave stick is asking for the S0 Key, S2 Access Control Key, S2 Authenticated Key, S2 Unauthenticated Key entries. My understanding is that the stick holds the zwave node information but where do I find the encryption keys? Are they in Indigo somewhere? What's the best way to try the stick in HA, while still being able to go back to my main Indigo system?

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Moving Zwave Sticks and Encryption

See this forum post about where Indigo stores the key.

Note Indigo uses S0 encryption only. You may have to convert the list of integers you'll find in that prefs file to a hex string or something, depending on what Home Assistant is expecting.

Posted on
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:10 am
joesan offline

Thanks Matt. I appreciate the help as always!

Posted on
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:21 am
joesan offline

Mmm, strange. I get the message "You are not authorised to read this forum." when I click on the link you provided.

Posted on
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:56 am
Different Computers offline

Me too.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, that post was buried under a very old beta forum. You can find an explanation of Z-Wave security keys in a new post.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1