Adjusting dimming range of Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212)

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 am
brianlloyd offline

Adjusting dimming range of Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212)

I needed a remote dimmer to control some ceiling light fixtures and tried the FGD-212. It works just fine for the application but I notice that, even at a setting of 1% light level, actual power consumption on the lights is about 35% of max. The light level also corresponds to about 35%. I know these lamps (LED) can be dimmed to a much lower level.

In reading through the manual for the FGD-212 under "#13: Advanced Parameters" I can see that the dimming range is adjustable. I also see there is an initial minimum level used to initially start dimmable CFLs. I suspect that it has somehow set this minimum level and it is too high for my application.

The unit is in a ceiling box and not at all convenient to get to. Also I do not have any manual switches attached for invoking functions, e.g. multiple button press. Is there a way to get Indigo to send the requisite programming commands to this module?

Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:44 pm
haakon offline

Re: Adjusting dimming range of Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212)

Hi, I think what you are looking for are the maximum and minimum values in the device settings in Indigo.

To do a reset, exclusion and so on, you need a button or physical access to the module. But that is not needed to set those values or other parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo doesn't have UI for all of the Fibaro module settings (they like to throw in a bunch that are rarely used and difficult to understand). To set parm #13 just use the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item. You'll need to refer to the manual/documentation for the specifics on how that parameter works.

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:17 pm
brianlloyd offline

matt (support) wrote:
To set parm #13 just use the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item. You'll need to refer to the manual/documentation for the specifics on how that parameter works.

Ah, that seems to be what I am looking for. Thank you Matt. Once again you know what I need.

Brian

Page 1 of 1