Has anyone tried these DOME products and know if they work?

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 am
norcoscia offline

Has anyone tried these DOME products and know if they work?

They are on sale and free shipping w/ orders over 99 dollars....
Attachments
2018-02-13_08-02-19.jpeg
2018-02-13_08-02-19.jpeg (171.07 KiB) Viewed 1106 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:11 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Has anyone tried these DOME products and know if they wo

Wow, they look like Fibaro knockoffs. It really caught my eye on the motion sensor because Fibaro's unique and slick design of that is why I bought a bunch for my house - albeit this Dome version is a few bucks cheaper. All but one of these look identical.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm
Colly offline

Look very similar to the Neo devices available on AliExpress which a number of people on the forums seem to be using.. I've been very happy with the motion sensors and the siren works well also. I'm presently waiting on a replacement wall switch which became very unreliable..

Posted on
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The Z-Wave OEM (original equipment manufacturer) market has always been at the heart of Z-Wave's market penetration. I suspect there are less than 10 different companies that are actually designing and manufacturing the devices out there - all the others (Dome, Neo, etc.) are just selling branded versions of those devices. Jasco (GE) used to be a big one - Evolve/Linear used to OEM devices from them though I think they may have switched suppliers. Homeseer used to buy from OEMs as well (we talked to the guy that made their older USB dongle), but I'm not so sure with their last two rounds of switches (but I suspect they still do).

This Dome on/off plugin device looks almost identical to this NEO device that I recently purchased. I suspect they are manufactured by the same company, probably neither of which is Dome or Neo.

This wall wart is working great BTW. I use it to monitor my washing machine and when it stops running it turns on some lights and sends a notification that the wash is done (otherwise we might leave it in there for days LOL). It's super small but seems quite reliable.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1