GE plug-in outdoor smart switch?

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:41 pm
mwarner offline

GE plug-in outdoor smart switch?

Has anyone out there managed to successfully connect the GE z-wave plug-in outdoor smart switch? I've had good luck with the indoor switches by GE etc., but can't seem to get these outdoor plugs to connect. I'm wondering if I got duds or if they just don't work with Indigo. I'm mashing down pretty hard on the button on the outside of the weatherproof housings, but the software doesn't seem to recognize the signal if any is even getting out.

Thanks,
Mark

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:03 pm
Seeker offline

Re: GE plug-in outdoor smart switch?

i have several of these and have used them with indigo (aeon labs and z-troller) successfully. I have replaced them with wall outlet modules, but i used them for years for landscape and christmas lights. they should work.

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:30 pm
mwarner offline

Re: GE plug-in outdoor smart switch?

Thanks, did you happen to recall if you had to pair these manually be bringing the stick near them? After posting I realized that I may have to pair these manually but then discovered that my Aeon labs z-stick is no longer working anymore in standalone mode and will no longer pair while disconnected from the computer. Super bummed. First my second Insteon powerlinc died earlier this year and now it looks like I've got to buy a new z-stick. Really wish this equipment would last longer.

Page 1 of 1