Monoprice window/door sensor - Unable to trigger (new user)

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 pm
nickjo88 offline

Monoprice window/door sensor - Unable to trigger (new user)

Hi Everyone,
Dowloaded the indigo software on trial and I am beginning to start set -up. I order numerous sensors from monoprice and I am learning as I add them.

I am worried that my question must be something very basic that I am missing.

I purchased 15 of the following window/door sensors.
https://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id ... id=1091804

I was able to associate with controller and it appears in indigo, but the only thing I can get is battery level. When I remove magnet statuses never change.

I can not figure out if I need to edit something to define as window sensor.

I have been reading through wiki's, but just not picking up on what I need to do.

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:20:33 PM
Z-Wave Indigo Device "011 - Notification Sensor" Z-Wave Properties:
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.111
Node ID: 11
Model: Notification Sensor
Model ID: 02010008
Manufacturer: Unknown
Manufacturer ID: 0208
Protocol Version: 4.34
Application Version: 1.04
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Notification Sensor
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 07 : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 98v1 59v1 7Av1 5Av1 5Ev1
Encryption Status: Supported but not Enabled
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, security, waking
Neighbors: - none -
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[]
Config Values: - none -

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:02:47 PM
Z-Wave sent "011 - Notification Sensor" status request
Z-Wave received "011 - Notification Sensor" status update battery level 100%

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Monoprice window/door sensor - Unable to trigger (new us

"I was able to associate with controller and it appears in indigo"

Have you created devices in Indigo and associated them with the various found Z-wave sensors?

Getting an association success is part 1 of 2 parts of adding something to Indigo. This might seem like extra work now, but down the line if a device ever fails or you replace it with a better one, you'll be VERY happy for this level of device abstraction.

And I'm pretty sure from the picture that the MonoPrice sensor you're talking about is the same as the GoControl brand device that I use without issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.27.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.27.18 PM.png (264.16 KiB) Viewed 2306 times

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:44 pm
nickjo88 offline

I have created a few devices. This one just doesn't seem to change any status. Like its not even being viewed as a door sensor.
Attachments
CapturFiles1.png
CapturFiles1.png (175.99 KiB) Viewed 2298 times

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Looks like this is your problem. Apparently it uses the same case as the GoControl, or one that looks just like it, but not the same electronics.

Cropped screen shot of your screen shot:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.55.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.55.48 PM.png (60.27 KiB) Viewed 2290 times

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 pm
nickjo88 offline

thanks...so maybe it's not just me and it's not compatible. I submitted the device to indigo

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The link you included above is coming up with a lot of modules and not a specific one. Are they still selling the ones you bought? Any identifying information on the module or documentation that came with it? I'd be interested in knowing the manufacturer and model number. If you have a PDF scan of the manual that would be great.

There are a couple of approaches you can take to get this working now even though Indigo doesn't have a device definition for it yet.

One is that you could use the Match Raw Packet trigger type (after selecting Z-Wave Command Received), and choose your device in the From popup menu. For the open trigger try a Match Bytes field like this:

* 0x71 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x06 0x16 *

And for the close trigger try:

* 0x71 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x06 0x17 *

If those don't work then you can turn on Indigo's Z-Wave debug logging checkbox (via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item) and then see what messages are specifically sent by the module when you open/close the door (copy/paste the Event Log results into a reply for me).

Alternatively, you could use Peter's Zwave Lock Manager plugin. It can be used with Z-Wave door/window sensors as well as locks.

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:47 am
nickjo88 offline

Here is the correct link.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id= ... 1&format=2

Unable to attach pdf, but the manual is available at the updated link.

I will work on your suggestions today.
Thank You!

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am

Ahhh, this explains why I thought it looked like mine, but isn't the same internally. Your first link was to several sensors, and I thought it was the other one.

Posted on
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:56 am
akimball offline

Having the exact same problem with this same sensor from Monoprice. Indigo doesn't know about it.... sent an unrecognized device report. At $15.88 per sensor, too good to pass up and I'm installing them on a few basement doors as open/close sensors for added security.

But... I took Matt's suggestion to use the Z-Wave Lock Manager plugin... and that's working out just fine. An ok work-around option. The indigo plugin crew is out of this world...a plugin for everything it seems.

-Al

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 3:30 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.3 (and 7.3.1) are now available and should support this module.

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 10:34 pm
akimball offline

Matt, before I read this post I noticed native support for the zwave monoprice door/window sensor in indigo 7.3. I did a resync on all 5 of my basement window sensors and can report that 7.3 works great with the monoprice sensor, even calling out “monoprice” in the sync’d device data views.

I disabled the z-wave lock manager plugin, deleted the manager’s pseudo devices, and realigned associated triggers and controls to work direcly with the monoprice z-wave devices.

Nice job. Thanks for adding those. Good price on those sensors.

-Al

Page 1 of 1