Leviton DZPA1

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 am
wmldwilly offline

Leviton DZPA1

I might be totally fubar-ing the forum rules by posting this here, but I honestly can't figure out where else to ask the question...

Has anyone had any luck or experience getting a Leviton DZPA1 plug-in appliance module to either add to the Z-stick controller the old fashioned way or add via network wide inclusion?

I've followed all the steps for a number of other devices with no issues. Trying to add a DZPA1 I've been unable to get any indication the Z-stick is listening to it at all. I've factory reset the device itself, followed it's steps for NWI with no success, tried the "sneaker-net" option and put the stick itself right by the powered on module and let it add that way also seemingly to no avail.

I've repeated the process with Zwave interface debugging on, and noticed that in the log it seems that more or less nothing is happening. Inclusion mode starts, it issues a few commands, then just sits forever. The module seems to have gone to inclusion mode, then just times out.

I'm not sure what to try next, other than to be told that module isn't supported yet.

Any thoughts? And if this needs to be moved to a more appropriate place on the forums, I'll follow it over there and sorry for the trouble. :)

Thanx!

WM

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Leviton DZPA1

Have you tried excluding it? It's possible it was included on a different controller prior to you getting it.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to correct forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm
wmldwilly offline

jay (support) wrote:
Have you tried excluding it? It's possible it was included on a different controller prior to you getting it.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to correct forum.

Aha...thank you for moving me to the right spot.

Yes I tried excluding it, and followed the device's instructions for factory-resetting it as well. No dice.

I take it general knowledge says I *should* be able to add this device? I could have received a defective one, but it seemed factory sealed and brand new and not quietly repackaged as if it were a return/resell...

thanks,

WM

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:14 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Seems like it should work since it's just a standard on/off device.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:05 pm
wmldwilly offline

GOT IT!

A little finicky it was with the "press and hold the button for 7 seconds, then wait for the amber blink for 2 seconds, then tap the button once within the next 2 seconcds" or whatever the overly precise directions were. :wink: Took a few tries, but got it to get into learn mode and all is well.

Works fine. I followed the instructions to post the module's info to the devices database here. 8)

Happy Holidays!

WM

Page 1 of 1