Aeon Z-Stick failed

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 pm
Seeker offline

Aeon Z-Stick failed

My Z-Stick v5 (I think) seems to have failed. I rebooted the mini this morning after having some intermittent ACK problems. Once rebooted, I had about 1/4 of my Z-wave devices red/no ack. I tinkered a lot, tried some individual remove/add, no luck. i reset the z-stick and it would not add any device that was more than a few feet from it. i tried several resets.

I pulled out my old serial/USB z-troller and everything works well.

So glad I had a backup controller, and I want to pick up a replacement backup.

Question: Is the Aeon Z-stick still the best-in-class? or are there other models I should look at?

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeon Z-Stick failed

The Gen5 Z-Stick is what we recommend and a majority of Indigo folks use. I think some are using the UZB interface as well but we don't have experience with using it here.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm
NCChris offline

@Seeker, Did you end up getting a new z-stick? and did it solve your problem?

I am on the second go around of the same problem and I think my z-stick gen5 is bad now. I had the older zstick do this to me and I replaced with the gen5 but now I have the same problem with the gen5. I thought it may have been interference as Colorado4Wheeler had but now I don't think so.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:38 pm
Seeker offline

yes, i did get a new gen 5 a few weeks ago and it is working well. i was using my old z-troller in the interim.

Page 1 of 1