Problem with Fibaro FGMS-001 sensor

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:37 pm
biswasg offline

Problem with Fibaro FGMS-001 sensor

I am planning a move from Vera lite/UI7 to Indigo 7 on Aeon Z-wave USB Gen 5 stick.
Currently installed the Indigo trial version, and trying to include my existing sensors, one of them being the Fibaro Motion sensor FMGS 001.
Doesn't seem to smoothly integrate. Apart from issues raised in this topic, I am also unable to associate the FMGS with a switch.
In the Manage Associations menu option, it only shows Indigo 001 z-wave as the only element. Even if I try adding the switch, it does not accept.

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:15 pm
howartp offline

Re: [Answered] Neep help with Fibaro FGMS-001 sensor

First things first, this model is fully supported in Indigo and has been for a long while.

Secondly, have you excluded it from Vera before you include it?

Thirdly, whilst you're including it, keep waking it up by pressing or triple-tapping the button inside it.

Don't bother trying to associate it until you've got it working in Indigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:39 pm
biswasg offline

Many thanks for your reply.
I have fully excluded the FGMS -001 from Vera, even did a factory reset.
Included in Indigo, it shows up with it motion, temperature and luminance sensors. But no luminance value shows up, even after waking it.
Excluded and again included, this time the luminance and temperature do not show.
Tried association, still does not work.

I have noted that this module is fully supported by Indigo, so am wondering if I am doing something incorrect?

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:40 am
howartp offline

I don't know what default parameter values the module comes with, or which (if any - very rare) Indigo forces at inclusion time.

Have you set it to report luminance on a regular basis, or only when the luminance changes by a certain amount? (These are parameters, some of which are exposed in Edit Device, some may not be)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Fibaro FGMS-001 sensor

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved the original thread to the Z-Wave forum and split the new question to a new topic since the original topic was marked as ANSWERED.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1