Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

CliveS wrote:
The US 2CH dimensions are 120mm x 74mm x 37mm (DxWxH)

CliveS

Is that the panel or the back part of the housing where the wire connections are? Because a 1 gang box is 4cm by 7cm, and the rear part doesn't look that big in comparison. That wouldn't even fit height wise in a 2 gang box.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:39 pm
CliveS offline

If you look at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEO-COOLCAM-NAS-SC01Z-Z-wave-Wall-Light-Switch-2CH-Gang-Home-Automation-Z-Wave-Wireless/32795668194.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.eFBtmI
It has loads of pictures of the Light switch at the top and also scroll down the page, one is below and our UK size is 86mm x 86mm x 34mm so just exchange those for yours in the picture.

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 pm
mclass offline

Thanks for the prompt beta support for the PIR sensor. I'm away and will not be able to test the Black Cat device until the end of the week, but wanted to say thanks in advance!!
mclass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:17 am
mclass offline

Thanks, Jay! Works a treat with the Black Cat branded PIR. Great service as usual :D

It seems like a great device - good form factor at a great price compared with other offerings. Looking forward to installing to see how it performs in "real life"!

mclass

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.1.1 is now available for download and includes support for the Black Cat Motion Sensor (ZWBCCE21S) and Neo CoolCam Motion Sensor (NAS-PD02Z).

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:32 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I am having trouble with the Neo Coolcam z-wave PIR motion sensor. The motion sensor will not communicate with z-stick gen 5. I selected add to network with encryption disabled and then pressed button 3 times, the red light flashes 5 times as it is supposed to. However, Indigo does not respond. I don't know if the device is defective or there is something else I need to know. The box has no model number on it. I wonder if it is different than the NAS-PD02Z cited in the post. The user guide shows no model number either. Any suggestions?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It might already be included with a different controller (factory QA, etc.). Try excluding it first from the Z-Stick, then try the inclusion again. Note you can exclude a module using your Z-Stick even if it was included with a totally different controller – the module doesn't care of the exclusion command comes from a different controller than it was really included against.

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Colly offline

It could be to do with the distance from the stick. On some occasions, particularly with battery devices, I've included the device closer to the controller and then re-synced in its final resting place - might be worth a shot. I can't remember for sure if I had to do that with this sensor - I've 2 working well without any issues to date.

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:38 pm
wideglidejrp offline

No luck. Tried excluding it. Still won't communicate. Tried z-stick manual exclude/include. I tried very close to the z-stick. Can't think of anything else to try. The cool cam support guy send auto-respond mail saying he is on vacation and to try again in a week. Nice.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Last thing to try (before I'd say it is very likely a lemon) is to include it in the Z-Stick using the manual procedure (and not Indigo). That is, remove the Z-Stick, press-hold the button on it for a few seconds until it slow blinks, then press the module's button fast 3 times (or whatever its steps are). Watch the LED on the Z-Stick to see if it responds in anyway to the inclusion request. If it just continues to slow blink then it isn't getting the inclusion command at all, I think.

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:56 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Yes, I had tried that. No go. Must be a lemon. I got it from Aliexpress.com. I have a hunch their return process is a little different than Amazon.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:35 am
noel1983 offline

Just received two of the neo coolcam pir’s today just 8 days after ordering. Build quality appears good and they sync and work fantastically :) suspect I’ll be ordering more before the end of today! Let’s hope they keep expanding the range. Some dimmer modules would be great as a lower cost option to fibaro. £50 a circuit is a bit pricey for some of the circuits in our house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:51 am
noel1983 offline

Two more arrived! Loving these.
Also just had an email from Vesternet saying they now stock them but at £37 each I think I'll stick with aliexpress!

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:40 pm
wideglidejrp offline

My first Neo Coolcam PIR did not work because it was a European frequency model. I got a new one clearly labeled on box as 908.4MHZ US. I was able to install it and sync it, but it does not work. A status request fails. It shows state as OFF and battery at 95%. I notice in other posts a model number of NAS-PD02Z. Mine does show a model number on the device, on the box, or in the instruction sheet. The box says Neo Coolcam Motion sensor. Any ideas on how to diagnose this device?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:18 pm
CliveS offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
My first Neo Coolcam PIR did not work because it was a European frequency model. I got a new one clearly labeled on box as 908.4MHZ US. I was able to install it and sync it, but it does not work. A status request fails. It shows state as OFF and battery at 95%. I notice in other posts a model number of NAS-PD02Z. Mine does show a model number on the device, on the box, or in the instruction sheet. The box says Neo Coolcam Motion sensor. Any ideas on how to diagnose this device?

Compare your details to a UK version. ( and put the data here so Matt can compare if the US version needs tweaking)

UK Details
Code: Select all
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.111
Node ID: 120
Model: Door/Window Sensor
Model ID: 00031082
Manufacturer: Neo
Manufacturer ID: 0258
Protocol Version: 4.05
Application Version: 3.80
Model Definition Version: 1
Library Type: 6
Class Name: Routing Slave
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 56 : 68
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 80v1 01v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 1Dv1 30v1 40v1 47v1 D3v1 54v1 D5v1 D6v1 59v1 5Av1 5Ev1 5Fv1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 79v1 7Dv1 55v1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, waking
Neighbors: 103, 150, 151, 157
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[] 3:[] 4:[]
Config Values: - none -

The Australian version (sold by Black Cat in Oz) needed it's own definition tweaked by Matt and possibly the US version needs the same.
Dont expect the Lux to work, out of 8 only 2 of mine work.
I dont think my box's mentioned model number either.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer