Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 am
mclass offline

Re: Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

Thanks! Let's hope the Neo devices get supported in an Indigo release soon - they appear to be of good quality and as noted previously are well priced!
Thanks again for the interim workaround.
mclass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:40 am
Colly offline

Colly wrote:
Just put through an order for siren, wall switch and motion sensor. Will update you when received and tested. Only issue is its a very slow boat from China.. :lol:

The slow boat arrived today :D . I'll open a separate topic and post log for the siren, just submitted the devices details to Indigo also.
On the motion sensor see my sync log below:
Code: Select all
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.68
Node ID: 80
Model: Notification Sensor
Model ID: 00031083
Manufacturer: Unknown
Manufacturer ID: 0258
Protocol Version: 4.05
Application Version: 3.93
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 6
Class Name: Notification Sensor
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 07 : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 30v1 70v1 31v7 72v1 73v1 71v1 59v1 5Av1 5Ev1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, waking
Neighbors: 13, 14, 19, 30, 43, 46, 58
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[] 3:[] 4:[]
Config Values: - none -

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:15 am
Colly offline

CliveS wrote:
@colly has also ordered the siren, wall switch and motion sensor so I await the details of the siren and wall switch if it is the single version.

CliveS,
I got the 2CH like yourself and same sync details so I won't post again.

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:11 am
Different Computers offline

A question about form factor here: it looks like the back of the 2 gang switch is still small enough to fit in to a single box. Can I put the 2 gang switch into a single box?

Hmmm, looks like the housing back is different for US and EU:

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:44 am
Colly offline

The EU version fits in a 1 gang box. I can't vouch for the US version although I would assume it will also..

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am
CliveS offline

Different Computers wrote:
A question about form factor here: it looks like the back of the 2 gang switch is still small enough to fit in to a single box. Can I put the 2 gang switch into a single box?

Hmmm, looks like the housing back is different for US and EU:

The US 2CH dimensions are 120mm x 74mm x 37mm (DxWxH)

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:10 am
CliveS offline

@mclass and @colly, if you want to change

Manufacturer: Unknown
to
Manufacturer: Neo

then download and install the latest Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.93 as you are both running 2.0.68.

Matt added the Neo Door/Window sensor in mid August and I think once the Manufacture ID is added it is used by all other devices with the same ID as a message from Matt seems to imply in a post http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18692&p=141999&hilit=.zip#p141999 which also points to the updated file.

Don't forget to resync after the software update.

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:32 am
Colly offline

will do that later!

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:35 pm
Colly offline

CliveS wrote:
then download and install the latest Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.93 as you are both running 2.0.68.
CliveS

I'm obviously missing something here! Where do I get the latest version and secondly how do I know when there is a new version??

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:14 pm
CliveS offline

Colly wrote:
CliveS wrote:
CliveS

I'm obviously missing something here! Where do I get the latest version and secondly how do I know when there is a new version??

Download the beta Z-Wave Library on your Indigo Server, unzip and install 'Z-Wave.indigoPlugin'.
Then resync your Neo and you should see Manufacturer: Neo

As to how you know when a new version is available, not easily, you have to watch Matt's post very carefully as he often updates it like in August when the Neo Door/Window sensor was added without any fanfare. I just download the link every few weeks and run it, it will either say it is already installed or update if newer.

CliveS

CliveS

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Those aren't official Z-Wave releases, but rather for those that are helping us test additions. Releases come in the form of an actual Indigo release (i.e. 7.X for new feature/device releases, 7.X.Y for bug fixes).

Unless specifically instructed by us, you should NEVER get one of those.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 am
Colly offline

jay (support) wrote:
Unless specifically instructed by us, you should NEVER get one of those.

Understood!

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I've added beta support for this motion sensor to this download. Unfortunately, it has different configuration parameters than the Fibaro, and the Neo version actually has different parameters than the Black Cat model. They all three are somewhat similar, but based on the documentation I could find there are differences. I didn't add UI for all the configuration parameters – just the main ones. Please let me know if the core functionality works (motion and lux reporting).

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:38 am
Colly offline

Updated and re-synced my sensor. Motion and luminance sensor's were created and both are working from first review.
On a general note and referring to some recent posts about support and frequency of updates I have to say that I for one couldn't ask for much more. Take this sensor as an example - a few Indigo users along with myself decided to purchase from an unknown company in China not really knowing what we were likely to receive or whether it would it would be usable or not within Indigo. We then post details to the forum and Hey Presto within a very short space of time (less than a month, all in) I have a working sensor for a very reasonable price.
I for one am a Happy Customer - Cheers Matt & Jay.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:20 am
CliveS offline

Colly wrote:
Updated and re-synced my sensor. Motion and luminance sensor's were created and both are working from first review.
On a general note and referring to some recent posts about support and frequency of updates I have to say that I for one couldn't ask for much more. Take this sensor as an example - a few Indigo users along with myself decided to purchase from an unknown company in China not really knowing what we were likely to receive or whether it would it would be usable or not within Indigo. We then post details to the forum and Hey Presto within a very short space of time (less than a month, all in) I have a working sensor for a very reasonable price.
I for one am a Happy Customer - Cheers Matt & Jay.

I also have full functionality of the Neo motion sensor plus the added bonus of now the luminance sensor. That adds onto the Neo door/window sensor added last month which also works 100% as well so can I also add my thanks to Matt and Jay, not just because of this but also for a rock solid product.

CliveS

CliveS