Fibaro RGBW controller and those sensor contacts

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:48 pm
Different Computers offline

Fibaro RGBW controller and those sensor contacts

I just pulled the trigger on one of these Fibaro RGBWs, which is supported by Indigo and all, which is great.

But I notice this in the description:

Fibaro RGBW Controller has four analog inputs supporting any sensors, e.g. lightsensors, wind sensors, pressure sensors and potentiometers operating within 0-10V range.

Can someone who knows point me at the proper kinds of sensors that I might want to connect to this?

As simple as things like this? Or this?

Also:
Four output channels allow for connecting and independently controlling each of connected light sources.

Does that mean I could theoretically control four separate LED strips with this controller?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:01 pm
mat offline

Re: Fibaro RGBW controller and those sensor contacts

Four single colours, potentially yes. It's designed for red green blue and white or any combination.

I have mine controlling four separate rgbw sets of leds. Just check the spec and don't exceed the limits of the device.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:42 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Fibaro RGBW controller and those sensor contacts

Is there really no one who has tried to use the sensor contacts on these?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1