Adding a nodon OCTAN CRC-3-1-0x

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:13 am
berkinet offline

Adding a nodon OCTAN CRC-3-1-0x

I added a nodon OCTAN remote to Indigo today and noted two things: It is not straight forward; and, the information to do this is scattered and a little unclear. So, here is the process in a nutshell.
For reference the buttons are numbered as follows:
  1. O
  2. +
  3. -
  1. You will probably want to use Gateway Mode as this will let you pass all button presses to Indigo to be used to control scenes
  2. Next, you need to include the remote on your controller
    • Put Indigo into Inclusion mode
      Push buttons 2 & 3 for 1 second: The LED will glow pink
    • Within 10 seconds, press button 2: the LED will blink
  3. Your remote should now be included. Next, you need to synch it
  4. Press buttons 1 & 2 for 2 seconds, then release them and press button three
  5. Click the Synch button in Indigo
  6. You should be done. Try pressing buttons on the remote and look for messages in the Indigo Events log.

I am not 100% sure about creating scenes. I just created triggers to watch for the button presses and assigned appropriate actions. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY!

EDIT: BTW, I should note this device replaced a Popp/Düwi 05443 and there is no comparison between the two. The nodon is far superior in every respect. One small problem though, every time I see the word nodon, I get an urge for Japanese noodles.
Last edited by berkinet on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:10 pm
howartp offline

Re: Adding a nodon OCTAN CRC-3-1-0x

My scene controller plugin should pick up that device for triggering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 am
berkinet offline

Re: Adding a nodon OCTAN CRC-3-1-0x

howartp wrote:
My scene controller plugin should pick up that device for triggering...

Thanks. I thought about using that. But...
you wrote:
This is an Indigo 7 plugin that I wrote early in the Indigo 7 beta process when developers had access to Zwave APIs but the UI hadn't been updated to support scene control. Since release, a number of users have made use of as new makes and models of scene controllers have come on the market that Indigo hasn't yet issued a device definition for.

So, I inferred that there should be some other means of making scenes for supported devices, and took it as a challenge to figure out how to do it. For just two devices, and only on and off, it just took four triggers. But, I can see how it would quickly get cumbersome with lots of scenes.

Page 1 of 1