Why is DSD37-ZWUS supported yet but not ZW117? (repeaters)

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:27 pm
Jann offline

Why is DSD37-ZWUS supported yet but not ZW117? (repeaters)

I have an Aeotec ZW117 (which is GREAT BTW! - -FAST & ZW+).
The indigo store has the DSD37 http://store.indigodomo.com/z-wave-aeot ... dsd37.html
I am assuming THAT means it's supported..but it doesn't seem to be supported in Indigo 7. "Indigo does not currently have definition for this model"
It is working (and working great) but this bothers me... I know. I am detail-oriented.
Here's the definition if it helps!
Code: Select all
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.68
Node ID: 47
Model: Basic Repeater Slave
Model ID: 01040075
Manufacturer: Aeon Labs
Manufacturer ID: 0086
Protocol Version: 4.34
Application Version: 1.02
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Basic Repeater Slave
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 0F : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 33v1 85v1 26v2 70v1 72v1 73v1 5Ev1 98v1 59v1 7Av1 5Av1 86v1
Encryption Status: Enabled for Commands 73 85 26 70 33 59 7A
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, beaming, security
Neighbors: 4, 7, 9, 16, 49, 59
Associations: 1:[1]
Config Values: - none -

Also, just a hint. These are meant to repeat signals and they fully do. It's also Gen5 & ZW+. It doesn't just repeat w/the same "strength"...it fully rebroadcasts the command. That means it amplifies and repeats them. I have noticed it makes an amazing difference with my locks which only can deal with encrypted signals. The other thing I love? If you have the ZW+ usb stick in, say, your living room, but then in a middle room you only have ZW, but you have a ZW+ device in a far away room, this thing bridges both the ZW & ZW+ networks...such that it takes out the middle room's hop over the slower ZW network. So, just put this in the middle room and communication with the far room's device would be faster. A hint? Put it NOT exactly between the location of your USB Stick and the far device, put it a BIT closer to the usb stick. These things repeat better if they get a stronger, faster signal.

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:58 pm
howartp offline

Re: Why is DSD37-ZWUS supported yet but not ZW117? (repeater

The Indigo store is run by a third party and no indication of whether a device is supported or not.

Edit the device and hit the submit details button; they'll go to Matt/Jay to look at adding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:26 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The beautiful thing about Z-Wave repeater devices (which is shared by Insteon repeater devices) is that they don't need a specific definition since their only function in life is to repeat signals. There's nothing Indigo can do with them so there's no need for a specific model definition.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:05 am
johnpolasek offline

jay (support) wrote:
The beautiful thing about Z-Wave repeater devices (which is shared by Insteon repeater devices) is that they don't need a specific definition since their only function in life is to repeat signals. There's nothing Indigo can do with them so there's no need for a specific model definition.

I have a question about that; I have a simple plug in Z wave repeater which back in the Indigo 6 days I simply included into my Z-stick (without encryption, since that didn't exist in Indigo back then), primarily to reach some Z-wave AC vents at the far end of the house from the server room. It does show up in Indigo 7 as a "basic repeater slave" with an on/off stage that doesn't seem to do anything when I toggle it except show an ACK, and it is in the neighbors list of just about everything else when I optimize the network. But is it relaying the encrypted data to the door locks, or are they all having to talk to the ZStick directly

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

johnpolasek wrote:
I have a question about that; I have a simple plug in Z wave repeater which back in the Indigo 6 days I simply included into my Z-stick (without encryption, since that didn't exist in Indigo back then), primarily to reach some Z-wave AC vents at the far end of the house from the server room. It does show up in Indigo 7 as a "basic repeater slave" with an on/off stage that doesn't seem to do anything when I toggle it except show an ACK, and it is in the neighbors list of just about everything else when I optimize the network. But is it relaying the encrypted data to the door locks, or are they all having to talk to the ZStick directly

Interesting that it's showing on/off controls - that means that it's telling Indigo that it supports the basic on/off class (which is odd).

Anyway, yes, it will relay encrypted data. Repeating slaves don't examine a payload if the message is not for them, it just sends it on. Only the target of the encrypted payload needs to know how to unencrypt it. At least, that's my understanding (Matt's the Z-Wave expert so he can comment if I have it wrong).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1