Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:03 pm
Different Computers offline

Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor

Anyone know if this Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR MultiSenor works with Indigo? Reviews make me hopeful. I really need a luminance sensor!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor

The Aeotec Multisensor doesn't work for you?

I don't know of anyone using the Monoprice one yet. It may just work, at least partly, but you'd have to try it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:42 pm

My first Aeotech somehow shorted out while changing batteries. I saw the magic smoke. It also wasn't particularly reliable and they're also almost twice the price of this one.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 am

Glad I waited to purchase this! http://amzn.to/2uIyxed

Amazon just dropped the price by more than $10, to $27 and change. If it works as a multisensor that's a hell of a deal, and if it only works partially, that's a reasonable deal.

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am
RogueProeliator offline

Amazon just dropped the price by more than $10, to $27 and change. If it works as a multisensor that's a hell of a deal, and if it only works partially, that's a reasonable deal.

Others may have differing opinions but I have all but given up on Monoprice's branded hardware. I have a near-100% failure rate over 9 devices... though none were Z-Wave devices.

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:15 am

Must be doing something different with their Z-wave stuff. Been using their older motion sensor (that only does motion, tamper, and temp) for longer than I've been using Indigo, and it makes up the backbone of my indoor motion tracking. I've got one of their door/window sensors too, and it has been fine for 8+months.

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Let us know how it goes when you get it in and sync'd. Be sure to submit device information for it regardless so we can get it added to the list (and work out any issues there might be).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Indigo reads it successfully as a motion sensor, and allows configurable reset times.

Jul 24, 2017, 5:47:41 PM
Z-Wave Indigo Device "Front Door Motion" Z-Wave Properties:
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.68
Node ID: 36
Model: Zooz Multi Sensor (ZSE40)
Model ID: 20212101
Manufacturer: Vision / Yale
Manufacturer ID: 0109
Protocol Version: 4.05
Application Version: 5.01
Model Definition Version: 1
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Notification Sensor
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 07 : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 71v1 70v1 31v7 72v1 73v1 59v1 5Av1 7Av1 5Ev1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, waking
Neighbors: 2, 3, 4, 14, 15, 22
Associations: 1:[1]
Config Values: 1:1 2:10 3:10 4:10 5:3 6:4 7:1

It also sees Humidity, Temp, Luminance and Tamper, but Indigo does NOT offer these as appearing in the device list, like it did with the Aeon unit I had. Unless I'm forgetting something. In other words, in the Device window, I get Motion/Temp/Tamper/Humidity/Luminance, but only one device shows in the device list.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 5.51.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 5.51.16 PM.png (72.63 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 5.51.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 5.51.39 PM.png (70.45 KiB) Viewed 3885 times

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:33 pm

I was able to swap in the new Zooz/MonoPrice multisensor for the old Aeon one that failed. This brought back all the separate devices, though Temp was reading as "Off" and Humidity was reading as "80.2°" and Temp was listed as "52%". In other words, the order of devices had to be adjusted.

Also, the instruction manual said to hit the program switch once to start inclusion. Nope. Had to toggle it about 4-5 times.

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:10 pm
chase offline

These units are on for 24.99 with free shipping (free shipping at least for my account) at monoprice right now....

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id= ... 1&format=2

At this price, it is affordable to have these sensors in every room.... (which was always one of my goals of HA).

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:36 pm
johnpolasek offline

Different Computers wrote:
I was able to swap in the new Zooz/MonoPrice multisensor for the old Aeon one that failed. This brought back all the separate devices, though Temp was reading as "Off" and Humidity was reading as "80.2°" and Temp was listed as "52%". In other words, the order of devices had to be adjusted.

Also, the instruction manual said to hit the program switch once to start inclusion. Nope. Had to toggle it about 4-5 times.

What's the sensitivity on the motion detection? I was very disappointed in the Fibaros; the one I got couldn't detect anything human sized outside about 5 ft.

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

I haven't really tested it yet. Still fiddling with placement for what I really need it for: Luminance. Realized that almost everywhere I need to know if it's dark ends up being somewhere that gets a light turned on when it's dark!

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:32 pm

A question I should almost certainly post elsewhere:

This Luminance Sensor reports with 1%-100%. In Trigger Conditions, can I just treat that as a number?

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:42 am

One thing about the luminance sensor on this thing--it's not particularly discerning. The following chart only goes to 80% because there were exactly zero values between 80 & 100.

Seems like I get just 1 or 2 readings between "really bright out" and "dark now." This date range includes cloudy days, rainstorms, high winds and other things that should have affected luminance. The sensor is under eaves and never receives direct sunlight. I'm pretty sure the small dips into the 60's on the 4th day was me attempting to adjust the sensitivity by putting tape over some of the sensor port.
Attachments
LuminanceChart_line.png
LuminanceChart_line.png (42.81 KiB) Viewed 3636 times

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:20 pm
Shavano offline

Following the suggestions to try the Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor, I picked one up from Amazon. I also have the 5th Gen Z-Stick. However, I'm unable to get it to Sync. It repeatedly tells me that the sensor has timed out. Any suggestions on what to try next?