Not really failed, is it?

Posted on
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:01 am
Different Computers offline

Not really failed, is it?

Code: Select all
 Z-Wave                          received "023 - Sewing Room" status update battery level 70%
   Z-Wave Error                    cannot remove failed module 023 from controller until device "Sewing Room" is deleted

Ummm... the device reports fine. So why does Indigo think it's a failed model?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:23 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Not really failed, is it?

Actually, it is the Z-Stick (or other Z-Wave Controller) that determines if it a module has failed (or is no longer on the network). I'm not sure why it would be mis-identifying that module. As a safety precaution Indigo won't send the request to remove failed module until after you've deleted the corresponding device in Indigo. If it seems to be working then you can continue using it as-is.

Posted on
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:49 am
DaveL17 offline

I would add that I have found on more than one occasion that doing a resync may solve the issue. Just this morning, I replaced my Gen2 Z-Stick with a Gen5 and had two modules show up in this way. In both circumstances a resync solved the issue, and I believe that the cause was a (prior) incomplete sync.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:43 pm
Different Computers offline

This may well have been due to a rare reboot of my Indigo box, and I might have plugged the z-stick into a different port than I used before.

Thanks!

It's a mark of how reliable Indigo is that these little one off log notices are something I wonder about.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1