Remove failed modules from Controller

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:09 am
davinci offline

Remove failed modules from Controller

I somewhat accidentally clicked on this command. 90% of my devices where suddenly inactive and had to resync.

It all worked before. Why is Indigo so destructive?

I mean it works now again, but this button really scares me. :|

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Remove failed modules from Controller

I don't know what happened - all that command does is to tell the Z-Stick to perform the command. The stick itself does all the work. It shouldn't have effected any working Z-Wave devices and certainly Indigo shouldn't have done anything to disable devices.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:42 am
davinci offline

Ok, the devices are still on the stick, but something weird happened.

2017-04-14 10:04:20.617 Z-Wave Error cannot remove failed module 008 from controller until device "X" is deleted
2017-04-14 10:04:50.711 Z-Wave Error failed to remove module 020 from controller (timeout waiting for command to be sent)
2017-04-14 10:05:08.009 Z-Wave Error send removeFailedNode failed after 9 attempts
2017-04-14 10:05:11.366 Interface Failure lost connection with interface

This goes on and on, the interface breaks several times.
However, I was able to resync every device - no readding needed.

I added these devices with another Software on Windows (Indigo 6 times), but this shouldn't affect anything, right?

Let's just say I won't push this button again...

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:05 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

2017-04-14 10:04:20.617 Z-Wave Error cannot remove failed module 008 from controller until device "X" is deleted

This means that the interface thinks node 8 has failed but you still have an Indigo device that corresponds to that Z-Wave device. To get it removed you need to delete the Indigo devices corresponding to node 8 first. Are you using one of those oddball Z-Wave interfaces? I wonder if it doesn't correctly support the command to remove failed nodes.

I wouldn't use other software to do any Z-Wave management now that you're on I7. If you continue to see periodic issues, the I'd recommend excluding/including those devices, get them working, then rerun the remove failed nodes menu item.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:40 am
davinci offline

I use a UZB Stick.

I understand it couldn't remove the devices from Indigo and the Controller (thankfully). However it also failed to remove the ones that were not referenced.

Actually I need to use the Windows software to remove a failed device.

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:53 am
davinci offline

Can I make backup and try it again without having to resync all devices or is this on controller level?

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

A backup of Indigo's database or of the UZB Stick? The latter will definitely require software other than Indigo – I'm not sure if it possible or not. There isn't a general Z-Wave API for back/restore of controller settings/memory. The former is of course possible, but I don't think that is what you are after.

Page 1 of 1