How to wire dual-white LEDs to Fibaro RGBW controller?

Posted on
Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:57 pm
joesan offline

How to wire dual-white LEDs to Fibaro RGBW controller?

Anyone done this? How did you wire the strips up and does Indigo control them okay?

Posted on
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:32 pm
siclark offline

Re: How to wire dual-white LEDs to Fibaro RGBW controller?

Hi. Did you ever get this to work? I'm looking to do the same.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:30 pm
jltnol offline

Re: How to wire dual-white LEDs to Fibaro RGBW controller?

I'm assuming you have an LED strip that has 2 different white colors, AND has three individual wires at each end.

The LED strips I have are RGBW, so have 5 wires... one for each color and white, and one common "return" electrical connection. The Fibro has 5 connections as well, one for each color and white, and one for the electrical common "return" .

Assuming your LED strip has THREE wires, one for each of the 2 white colors, and one common, this should work. You'll just have to connect one of your white colors to the white channel on the Fibaro, and the other white color to one of the RGB channels on the Fibaro.

Once that is done, back in Indigo, the White color controller will control that color, and whatever other color you used for the other white channel will control that white color.

Obviously, none of the color pickers will work, and you'll have to do things a bit more manually, but it should work.

Now, its possible that your strips don't have three wires on the end, in which case, please ignore this post.. 8)

Page 1 of 1