Fibaro Dimmer 2 Zwave problems

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:16 pm
Gusten offline

Fibaro Dimmer 2 Zwave problems

Hi
I have a weird issue with my fibaro 2 dimmers. I have two

For several month ago they both got the same problem , the "mechanical" switch stopped working and I could only control them using indigo, not with the mechanical switch.

I had to exclude and include them and they started working again.
(I think this happened when I did an update of indigo)

And now it have happened again, but different.
Same problem on both dimmers, but the mechanical button works, and the info in indigo updates so I can see the W and the % of light, but I can't control them from indigo,

I tried everything except include exclude

(Resync, reebot indigo, reebot dimmer)

I was hoping i didn't need include exclude

Beacouse both stoped working at the same time on both times, I think this is a indigo issue

Any idea?

/Martin

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 Zwave problems

Open the Event Log window then re-sync the device in Indigo, then try to turn them ON/OFF a few times from Indigo. Presuming it still fails, copy/paste the Event Log results of everything (resync and on/off's) into a reply for me.

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:37 am
Gusten offline

Hi

Here is the resync with some on off and dim commands at the end

Martin

Code: Select all

Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "Bänken"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 13, 17, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "016 - Bänken"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Fibaro System - 010F, Dimmer Switch (FGD212) - 01021000
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 4.05, app version 3.03
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Mulitlevel Switch : Dimmable Power Switch (04 : 11 : 01, base 26)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 60v4 22v1 26v3 86v1 27v1 7Av1 72v1 8Ev1 70v1 71v1 32v3 73v1 75v1 56v1 98v1 59v1 31v4 5Av1 5Ev1 85v1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, beaming, security
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint types: 1:(11 : 01), 2:(11 : 01)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint classes: 1:[5E 20 86 26 85 59 8E 32 31 71], 2:[5E 20 86 26 85 59 8E]
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: [1]
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: [1]
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 4 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 5 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - group 1 association to interface already exists (skipping)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - group 2 association to interface already exists (skipping)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 20 "Switch type" is 0 "Momentary"
   Z-Wave                          received "Watt fas 1" power load to 331.061 W
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 28 "Enable scene commands" is false
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 23 "Enable double-click to full brightness" is true
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 9 "Power up to last known state" is true
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 26 "Enable 3-way switch mode" is false
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 1 "Minimum value" is 4
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 2 "Maximum value" is 78
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 7 "Local dim delta" is 1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 8 "Local dim timer" is 5 * 10 milliseconds
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 5 "On/Off dim delta" is 1
   Z-Wave                          received "Watt fas 2" power load to 2154.282 W
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 6 "On/Off dim timer" is 1 * 10 milliseconds
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 50 "Immediate power threshold" is 10 %
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 52 "Periodic report delay" is 3600 seconds
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bänken" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bänken" energy status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "016 - Mulitlevel Switch 2" status request
   Z-Wave                          received "Watt fas 3" power load to 2324.069 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Watt fas 1" energy total to 8501.127 kWh
   Z-Wave                          received "Watt fas 3" energy total to 11856.498 kWh

3 jan. 2017 09:31:52
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bänken" off
   Z-Wave                          received "Bänken" status update brightness 98
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bänken" on
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bänken" set brightness to 50
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bänken" set brightness to 13
   Z-Wave                          sent "Bänken" off

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

As shown in the Event Log Indigo is sending it commands to turn OFF, ON, and set the brightness to 50 and 13. However, after every command the module broadcasts back to Indigo that its current level is 98.

The module is either malfunctioning or in a bad state. I'd suggest you try excluding and re-including the module back in the Z-Stick (then re-sync it again in Indigo; note the Node ID will have changed). If that doesn't help then you can try manually setting the Force Calibration parameter #13 to 2 (or 1). See the Calibration section of the manual for details.

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:31 am
Gusten offline

Hi
I can try, and i Think this will fix the problem.

But, dont you Think its weird that both got the same problem at the same time?

If it was only one off them, i would send it back. But this have happend twice on both at the same time. It seems to me that indigo is caousing it, how i have no idea?

I can do the exlude/include and then we´ll see

I have four more that i am going to install, hopefully this dosent happens again

/Martin Gustafsson

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did the problem start after a re-sync of Indigo? That is the only time I can think where Indigo might be sending configuration parameters, except when you explicitly perform changes. Maybe there was a power outrage or brownout that caused the modules to both get into bad states around the same time.

I really don't think this is one is because of Indigo.

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 am
juntta offline

I may think too simple solution - what if your lamp isnt dimmable?

I have several of those dimmers and in one place I have non-dimmable lamp which behaves just like that when I try to dim that lamp!

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:09 pm
Gusten offline

Hi i just want to confirm that it did work to exlude/ include.

I actually had a power loss for a while ago, god pointer

Thanx for the help

/Martin

Page 1 of 1