Fibaro Devices Asleep (adding new devices to Indigo)

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:09 am
RageDoctor offline

Hey Folks,

I am currently adding all my Fibaro devices to Indigo (7). Unfortunately, the flood sensor and 2 smoke sensors (out of 7) can not be added as new devices to Indigo as it always says "asleep/not reachable". Reachability can be excluded. I have tried:

- waking up devices (and running to the Mac to start syncing) :)
- reseting the devices
- including - excluding - including to the stick (gen 2)

Any ideas?

Regards,
Marcus

Update: Same with door/window sensors from Fibaro :cry:

Every beginning is hard...
Software: Indigo 6.1.4
Controller: Z-Stick Gen 5
Devices: Fibaro Wall Plug, Motion Sensor and Door/Window Sensor, Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6, more to come...

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro Devices Asleep (adding new devices to Indigo)

For troubleshooting we need to see Event Log window copy/paste snippets that correspond with all the steps you have tried.

Fibaro modules can be tricky to keep awake and get included, so if you haven't already try the exclude/re-include/resync steps a few times to see if it eventually works.

Lastly, are you sure the modules and Z-Stick you have are all the same frequency? For example, a European Z-Stick cannot communicate with U.S./Canadian modules.

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:18 pm
RAID5 offline

Hi. I have used Fibaro Door/ Window sensor and they are a pain in the but.

They have the same problem when you run Vera, so these instructions is for Vera but works for Indigo.
First of all, reset the device (Door/ Window
Sensor)
1) Take off the Sensor's cover and remove battery. 2) Touch the Sensor's body with a magnet, 3) Insert the battery, 4) Remove the magnet from the Sensor's body, 5) Remove the battery 6) Re-install the battery, 7) Reset will be confirmed by double LED blink.

Then inclusion
I have found that for better success i kept the bottom TMP button pressed always. I mounted it onto a piece of wood first, ensured the button was pressed in. Start the inclusion process, same as the exclusion above, when vera detects the sensor, put the cover back onto the sensor and keep magnet near also, wait 2 mins, then hit reload. Its after this reload that vera configures the device, and starts adding the the other 2 child devices. leave this for 5 mins or so, i found it adds the child devices, then appears to do nothing, then starts configuring devices. At this stage you can open the parent device, go to settings and check it shows configured date, has neighbors, etc. lastly, open the generic_io device, change the fields to temp sensors, close and save and after the reload, wait 5 mins for first temp reading. then your good to go. the entire process from inclusion to being able to read temp and see motion triggered with magnet is 20 mins tops let me know if your getting anything different than the above

Another thing I want to warn you about is when they run out of battery, you will need to reset them every time if this isn't fixed. I had enough after two years and sold my 6 months ago. (This means if you remove the battery you will have to reset them)

Hope you find this information useful
Regards Peter a Happy Swede

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 pm
RageDoctor offline

matt (support) wrote:
For troubleshooting we need to see Event Log window copy/paste snippets that correspond with all the steps you have tried.

Fibaro modules can be tricky to keep awake and get included, so if you haven't already try the exclude/re-include/resync steps a few times to see if it eventually works.

Lastly, are you sure the modules and Z-Stick you have are all the same frequency? For example, a European Z-Stick cannot communicate with U.S./Canadian modules.

Thx matt, will send the log after the next try :)

Devices: Fibaro Wall Plug, Motion Sensor and Door/Window Sensor, Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6, more to come...

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm
RageDoctor offline

RAID5 wrote:

Another thing I want to warn you about is when they run out of battery, you will need to reset them every time if this isn't fixed. I had enough after two years and sold my 6 months ago. (This means if you remove the battery you will have to reset them)

Hope you find this information useful

Thx Peter, I will give it a try. And thanks for disappointing me :D

Btw, were are you from in Sweden? Will spend my next vacation again in Smaland :!:

Cheers, Marcus

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:47 am
RAID5 offline

I used to live in Smaland in Varamo. Now I live on the west coast in Gothenburg. Where in Smaland are you spending your vacation?

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Page 1 of 1