most capable/reliable zwave controller

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:27 pm
dtich offline

most capable/reliable zwave controller

hiya guys. happy holidays.

i have not too many z-wave devices yet, but expanding as this seems to be the ...wave of the future.

i have two aeon labs z sticks. the orig gen 2, and the newer generation 5. the gen 5 never worked for me. sits on a shelf. the gen two ..'works'... but, so finicky.

i'm wondering, is there a recommendation on a really reliable, fully capable zwave controller out there? maybe even one that is enet connected? i'm fine with a usb stick if it works, but.. .boy, this is not a rewarding experience trying to get zwave happening. i've had two devices working in the past, but in trying to switch controllers i lost them (no longer controlled) and honestly, i hadn't the time to keep messing with them to get them all working. now giving it a second run with some precious holiday time, :)

any thoughts appreciated!

dt

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: most capable/reliable zwave controller

The Gen 5 is your best bet – we have had very few reports of problems with it. Maybe you just have a bad one, or are having a USB compatibility problem? They can be somewhat picky about USB hubs/controllers, but the Gen 5 seems to be better and it uses a driver built into macOS, so no worries about driver problems.

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:15 pm
dtich offline

Re: most capable/reliable zwave controller

thanks matt. i'm gonna switch back to that and see what i can do.

happy new year!

Page 1 of 1