Aeon Labs ZW096 Smart Switch

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:43 pm
DU Lou offline

Aeon Labs ZW096 Smart Switch

Does indigo control how the led ring provides feedback on energy usage? I am controlling a towel warmer that uses about 250 watts. I would suspect that should be red on the led ring but instead the ring is green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeon Labs ZW096 Smart Switch

In the device settings dialog is the configuration item LED mode popup menu set to Mirrors Load?

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:11 pm
DU Lou offline

matt (support) wrote:
In the device settings dialog is the configuration item LED mode popup menu set to Mirrors Load?

Hi Matt,
It is set to "Mirrors Load"
Would should Report threshold watts: and Report threshold percentage: need to be set at for the LED ring to turn red around 225-250 watts?

Thanks!
Lou

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Mirrors Load I would expect to just change colors if the load is OFF versus ON. Are you seeing somewhere in the Aeotec documentation that the LED ring can change colors based on a threshold? The report threshold settings's, I believe, just refer to when the module reports energy/power settings back to Indigo.

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:57 pm
DU Lou offline

matt (support) wrote:
Mirrors Load I would expect to just change colors if the load is OFF versus ON. Are you seeing somewhere in the Aeotec documentation that the LED ring can change colors based on a threshold? The report threshold settings's, I believe, just refer to when the module reports energy/power settings back to Indigo.

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-plug-in-switch

About a quarter of a way down on the page.
Save on what you spend.

Smart Switch 6 has world-class energy monitoring technology built right in. In real-time it can understand how much electricity your devices are using and let you know.

It does that via the Aeotec LED Ring. 16 million colours of light are used to visually communicate how much electricity is being used.

The picture has the led changing blue at around 400W, orange for 1900 watts, and red at 2400 watts.

Granted this isn't in the documentation per se but its on AEOTEC's advertisement of the product.

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Interesting. I'm not sure of the details on how that works. It isn't in any of the documentation I have.

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:21 pm
DU Lou offline

No worries Matt. Thought I would ask just the same:) I know Aeotec documentation can be a bit sketchy sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:43 pm
Turribeach offline

Hi Lou, I am interested in using this device, does it work with Indigo 6? (excluding the LED ring issue this thread is about). In particular I am interested in several things that other power plugs with metering don't seem to handle well:

1) After a power loss the plug go back to the previous state it was on by default but it could also be confiugured to be on/off as needed.
2) After a power loss the plug should send a status update reporting the current status and the current consumption.
3) Change in consumption does not always trigger a status update to the home hub, The threshold for the automatic status update should be configurable.
4) Delay in sending a status update after a change in monitored power.
5) Not enough frequency sampling the power usage.

I would appreciate if you could comment on any of the above.

Thanks,
Christian

Page 1 of 1