Yale Z-wave lock - am i missing something?

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:01 am
petematheson offline

Yale Z-wave lock - am i missing something?

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:14 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Yale Z-wave lock - am i missing something?

Yikes. The Kwikset I have is about $150 US.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:22 am
petematheson offline

£252 is less than half the current price of the same UK lock at vesternet :shock:

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:31 pm
durosity offline

No "free" installation. It took a locksmith about 90 mins to fit mine which I got for £390 at the time. I did consider getting it without from these people and doing it myself as I'm usually pretty good at stuff like that.. but I'm glad I didn't!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:33 pm
durosity offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Yikes. The Kwikset I have is about $150 US.

Locks over here are very expensive as they mostly have a multipoint mechanism.. to the best of my knowledge this is the only wireless option available for these locks. If you're lucky/unlucky enough (depending on your point of view) to have a door without multipoint then the locks are a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:45 pm
petematheson offline

Do you think a locksmith could fit one for less than buying with install included?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:06 pm
durosity offline

Not sure. Buy me one for my back door and I'll investigate ;)

It did look like quite an operation though. And he had these special plates used for measuring that don't come in the box.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:35 pm
CliveS offline

I am considering having one of these fitted but Vesternet want £537.00 for it... the £252.00 option looks great but fitting it myself is a recipe for disaster!
I think I have found it advertised for £449.00 minus 5% January Sale so £426.00 fitted ( https://www.safe.co.uk/products/yale-keyfree-with-z-wave-module-chrome.html.
For those that have had this fitted already how well does it play with Indigo and can you control it with iPhone and ID tags.

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:59 pm
durosity offline

You can't have the tags AND a z wave module at the same time. But it works perfectly with indigo, and howartp made a plugin to help administer pin codes which works well. I don't find it hard to enter pins in to open the door anyway so not having the fob isn't an issue.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:06 pm
durosity offline

(Also remember that the installer had special brackets used during fitting that don't come with it.. so drilling things in the right place would be much much harder!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:53 pm
CliveS offline

Thanks for the info, just noticed you got yours for £390, where was that from?

I must admit Yale do not give out much info so the ID tags don't work with the Zwave module then.

Could I use an Aeon Labs Panic Button? , and are their any iPhone apps available?

Finally would you buy one again now you know the way it works?

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:06 pm
durosity offline

It was from safe.co.uk too, just before Yale put up the wholesale price. Brexit apparently. (Just an excuse for price gouging if you ask me)

And yes I would get one again. :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:52 am
zeigh offline

I don't know how much the shipping would be to the UK, but there is a $107 USD deal for the Yale Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with Z-Wave (model YRD220 in nickel, bronze or brass) that lasts until 6/12/17:

https://www.yugster.com/deals/76955-yal ... e-or-brass

Use code DNEWSYALE3.

Otherwise, I would be very interested in how well theses models work with Indigo. I installed six MiLocks with use via three MorningLink controllers a few years ago and they are quirky in reliability at best. In my experience with Indigo (and by no fault of their own), most Insteon/Z-Wave door locks on the market are less than satisfactory and I have just been waiting for something better to become available.

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.

Posted on
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:13 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I use a Kwikset 910 Z-Wave lock and have rarely had any issues. I know others have reported issues, just wanted to chime in with my experience.

In fact, I have to give Kwikset support a shoutout: I dropped the battery cage when changing the batteries and it shattered. I contacted support and told them about it and they shipped me out a replacement for free. I call that great support.

Oh, and it's been in 2 different houses as well - no problems in either.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:26 pm
johnpolasek offline

My 3 910s have also worked perfectly; one of them for almost 2 years (on Vera prior to I7)... the only thingt I don't like is that they have no option to replace the inner thumb leverwith a second keyed cylinder. Double keyed dead bolts are a real security blanket for when the house is going to be empty for a few days.

Page 1 of 1