[ANSWERED]: GE Switch - Sync issue

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:18 pm
cmanahan1 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: GE Switch - Sync issue

What about an external hard drive? I may have added that after the z-stick. I tried removing it at one point, but I don't think I have completely removed it from the room or anything.

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:20 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Highly unlikely because the HDD doesn't really emit radio frequencies. I mean, it DOES, but they are very low level and only as a result of how the drive works mechanically - not intended to reach anything. I would mark that on the nearly impossible list.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:27 pm
cmanahan1 offline

DirecTV? We recently had that installed. Not sure how I would get rid of that, or if I would want to. I do have philips Hue lights that work fine with the Hue bridge, wifi, and probably some other wireless devices sending signals around the house.

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:31 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I can't tell you what in your house may be causing interference :roll: . I can only tell you that you can test this by unplugging EVERYTHING in a room then testing, then the next room and testing and continue this until you hopefully find the culprit. If none of that works then it's to the fuse box, circuit by circuit until you find it. Or you could order a new Z-Stick for $50 and try that first (which is what I did) and then all bases are covered. I didn't need the Z-Stick because it ended up being interference.

Your mileage may vary.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:31 pm
cmanahan1 offline

Well, I have eliminated the stick as the issue. I had the stick replaced, and still exact same error about not being able to assign return route.