Fibaro Door / Window ZW+ sensor FGK-10x

Posted on
Sat May 20, 2017 8:20 am
MarcoGT offline

Re: Fibaro Door / Window ZW+ sensor FGK-10x

I have two sensors which seems failing.
Battery level is 0% (at least I read so in Indigo), but if I open/close the window then the LED blinks.
Replaced battery without help.

Any idea? Shall I exclude and re-include them again?

Thanks,
Marco

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 am
McJohn offline

We have bought the last years a lot of these Fibaro FGK101 sensors and we were enthusiastic about these sensors (except the terrible inclusion process ).
Long battery live, good signal, etc.

BUT:
The last months almost all of them are falling out. Suddenly out of the blue the battery level is 0% and Indigo plugins like SecondsSinceChange don't get a chance to give a message (because the Trigger is lower than 5 and not 0...)
After replacing the battery (with the magnet on it otherwise there is a chance that it's resetting :( ) , sometimes the blue led is constantly blinking and doesn't stop.
But the big problem then is that it 's not recognizable anymore by Indigo. So, the only solution is to reset the sensor and make a new sync with Indigo (and lose again a Z-Wave number in the limited Z-wave list).
We have had a lot of contact with the distributor and as always Indigo gets the blame.
So, we have sent back most of these Fibaro FGK101 sensors to the reseller and replaced them with Philio Tech 3 or 4 in 1 sensors. These are really good with a very long battery live (we bought already a couple a few years ago) (but they don't have a potential free input).

Kind regards.
John

Posted on
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 pm
sbe08 offline

I'm having the same issue: this device seems to be missing access to the temperature sensor. In the Device Settings, it is possible to change the temperature sensitivity, but there are no Temperature State registered by Indigo... Will this be fixed in an upcoming update?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 11.46.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 11.46.53 PM.png (266.97 KiB) Viewed 3034 times

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you include the device when it had the temp sensor connected? Try excluding it then including it again and make sure the temp sensor is connected. Also make sure you're using Indigo v7.0.3.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:04 am
sbe08 offline

Hi Jay,

Yes, the thermometer is attached to the FGK-10x. I'm now running 7.0.3 since last night. :wink: I just tried removing the FGK-10x from my Zwave controller (Aeon Labs USB Stick) and from Indigo, did the pairing again and I'm getting the same result. I have 2 devices created by Indigo: a Door/Window and a Tamper Switch. The thermometer sensitivity appears in the Door/Window device setting. If I create a trigger on Device State change, I see the On/Off state and Battery level on the Door/Window device, and the On/Off state for the Tamper switch. There's just no way to access the temperature from the sensor.

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:29 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try using this beta version of Indigo's Z-Wave plugin. After you download it, double-click to install it (you might have to also double-click to unzip it). Once it is installed re-sync your FGK-10x in Indigo and hopefully it will create the temperature sensor device. If it doesn't, then copy/paste the Event Log results of the sync into a reply for us.

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 am
sbe08 offline

It works! Wow, that was quick! Thanks Matt...

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:10 pm
agame offline

I'm having trouble with this device too. It is including, but doesn't report its status (at least not in the UI).
I updated z-wave to the beta version above with no change.
A status request returns the battery level but not open/closed status.

I have found that manually setting the parameter to report scenes does result in scenes being received and reported in the Event Log for open and close events. But those scenes don't appear to be visible to any of my event logic (as they are with other devices). Scenes would be a work-around if they could be made visible to triggers however still not ideal if an open or close event was missed as there would be no way of confirming status (the use case here is to check if a window is open before lowering an external blind - as the blind will clash with the window...so its important to know the true open/close status or chaos will ensue).

I have Aeotec door/window sensors elsewhere that work fine. However I have a thin steel window frame in this location that is not suited to the physical dimensions of the Aeotec devices so would be good to get this device operating.

This is one of the last devices in my (otherwise pretty successful) migration from Vera to Indigo. I recall the same device was a pain also with vera: it included as 'generic i/o' rather than as a sensor and had to have the implementation files manually repointed to create a motion sensor.

(This is on Fibaro Door/Window Sensor (FGK10x), firmware 3.02), Indigo 7.03.

8 Jul 2017, 8:09:17 am
Z-Wave Indigo Device "window sensor" Z-Wave Properties:
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.86
Node ID: 42
Model: Notification Sensor
Model ID: 07013001
Manufacturer: Fibaro System
Manufacturer ID: 010F
Protocol Version: 4.05
Application Version: 3.02
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Notification Sensor
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 07 : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 8Ev1 56v1 98v1 59v1 5Av1 9Cv1 5Ev1 20v1 70v1 22v1 2Bv1 30v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 7Av1
Encryption Status: Supported but not Enabled
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, security, waking
Neighbors: 9, 10, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 31, 35, 36, 39
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[] 3:[] 4:[] 5:[]
Config Values: - none -

Posted on
Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That one had a different model ID. I just added it to this beta of the Z-Wave plugin. After installing it resync the device to see if it works correctly. Copy/paste the Event Log window results if it still doesn't work.

Posted on
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:27 pm
agame offline

amazing, works perfectly now, thank you!!

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.1.1 is now available for download and supports this version of the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor (FGK10x).

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 am
MaartenT offline

Strangely enough my fibaro sensor is not recognised correctly anymore since 7.1.1. Before that it was working fine.

both sensors are showing Needs re-sync as state indication

But when i try to resync it fails

Z-Wave Error Syncing - failed to assign return route
Z-Wave Error Syncing - failed
Z-Wave Error Timeout waiting for "036 - Deubel Fibaro". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

interesting enough de device is showing the battery levels

and when i look to the config it shows the following
Notification Sensor, firmware 0.00
Fibaro System

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try excluding it from the Z-Stick, re-including it, then re-syncing it.