Fibaro "The Button"

Posted on
Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 am
MacDefender offline

Re: Fibaro "The Button"

I'm now owning a Red Button too but can't see how to use it. Syncing went fine and the Button was recognized with correct model number and firmware 3.02
If I press the button with single, double, 3,4 click the log states:

Z-Wave received "Red Button 01" scene 31769
Z-Wave received "Red Button 01" scene 32537
Z-Wave received "Red Button 01" scene 32793
Z-Wave received "Red Button 01" scene 33049

Holding the button pressed down after a second sends:
Z-Wave received "Red Button 01" scene 32281

and on release of the button I get:
Z-Wave received "Red Button 01" scene 32025

The Sync itself showed:
Z-Wave Syncing - started for "091 - Basic Wall Controller"
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 11, 26, 35, 42, 55, 56, 57, 71, 83, 89, 90
Z-Wave Syncing - assigning return route to "091 - Basic Wall Controller"
Z-Wave Syncing - assigned return route
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Fibaro System - 010F, Button (FGPB101) - 0F011000
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved protocol version 4.38, app version 3.02
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Wall Controller : Basic Wall Controller (04 : 18 : 01, base 00)
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 8Ev1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 56v1 59v1 5Av1 5Bv1 9Cv1 7Av1 5Ev1
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, battery, beaming, waking
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved wake interval of 0 minutes
Z-Wave Syncing - device "091 - Basic Wall Controller" wake interval changed to 60 minutes
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: []
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: []
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: []
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 4 associations: []
Z-Wave Syncing - added group 1 association to interface
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved battery level of 100%
Z-Wave Syncing - created device "091 - Button (FGPB101)"

How do I link commands to these received scene events? At the moment I can't see how to use this button as there is no device state associated beside battery level.

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:52 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Instead of using a Device State Changed trigger type use the Z-Wave Event received type. You can then select triggers for the different button scenarios.

That said, it looks like the scene numbers (31769, 532537, etc.) are not what Indigo is expecting. I'm not sure why your particular module is sending different/high values than the other ones we've had reported. I'd suggest doing an exclude (with Z-Stick), re-include, and re-sync to see if that gets it to send the expected values.

Posted on
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:26 am
ac4lt offline

For those that have the Fibaro Button, how has your experience been? The reviews on Amazon indicate that a lot of initial button presses are missed if button hasn't been actuated in a long time. That would be a deal breaker in my house so I was wondering what your experiences have been with Indigo and The Button.

Posted on
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:52 pm
Colly offline

Considering buying 1 or 2 of these, http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-fibaro-button, as there's a 20% discount on Vesternet today. Anyone willing to quickly share their experience?

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 pm
howartp offline

Sorry Colly (and ac4lt), I didn't get to this in time!

I've only got one, and its main purpose was for testing my Zwave scene controller plugin so it isn't used regularly and it died a while ago, probably due to batteries.

I've not had anyone report problems to me with them once synced, but one was faulty out of the box and was replaced.

Sorry can't be more helpful. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:25 pm
Colly offline

Cheers - bought 1 to try out so will see how I get on when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:12 pm
Colly offline

Received my new Fibaro Button today and just synced it up and had a play! Absolutely no issues and have it working perfectly for all types of button presses. It's a real pleasure when new devices such as this work straight out of the box. Keep up the good work Matt & Jay.

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:19 pm
petematheson offline

Generally all working OK here, but does anybody else find that if they don't use the button for a while, then come to push it - nothing happens?
I'm having to press it a few times before it suddenly kicks into action and wakes up?

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:47 pm
howartp offline

petematheson wrote:
Generally all working OK here, but does anybody else find that if they don't use the button for a while, then come to push it - nothing happens?
I'm having to press it a few times before it suddenly kicks into action and wakes up?

That could be what's up with mine; j only bought it for testing (initially) so it's not in active use - cos when I went back to it I had no sign of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:12 pm
Colly offline

petematheson wrote:

I haven't found any issue with it yet. I've left it for at least 24 hrs and no issue when using it again after that period. How long is "a while" in your case?

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:18 am
nathanw offline

I finally got around to setting up a Button, and it's behaving differently - high scene numbers (encoded in higher bits?), and a slightly different device ID. From the sync:

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "010 - Basic Wall Controller"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 6
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "010 - Basic Wall Controller"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Fibaro System - 010F, Basic Wall Controller - 0F012000
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 4.38, app version 3.02
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Wall Controller : Basic Wall Controller (04 : 18 : 01, base 00)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 8Ev1 56v1 98v1 59v1 5Av1 5Bv1 9Cv1 5Ev1 20v1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 7Av1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: 84 85 86 8E 70 71 72 5A 5B 9C
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, battery, beaming, security, waking
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved wake interval of 0 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - device "010 - Basic Wall Controller" wake interval changed to 60 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 4 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 1 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved battery level of 100%
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "010 - Basic Wall Controller"
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_400332046 for "010 - Basic Wall Controller"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete

The 0F012000 seems different from what other people in this thread have reported.

Then, when pressing the buttons [with my annotations in brackets]
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          received "Blue Button" scene 1 [single press]
   Z-Wave                          received "Blue Button" scene 769 [double press]
   Z-Wave                          received "Blue Button" scene 1025 [triple press]
   Z-Wave                          received "Blue Button" scene 1281 [quadruple press]
   Z-Wave                          received "Blue Button" scene 1537 [quintuple press]
   Z-Wave                          received "Blue Button" scene 513 [press and hold]
   Z-Wave                          received "Blue Button" scene 257 [release]

The presses are hex 0x001, 0x301, 0x401, 0x501, 0x601 and then the hold/release are 0x201 and 0x101. Is that expected?

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 am
nathanw offline

Ah, never mind, I was still running 7.0.2. Updating to 7.0.4 cleared it up and I now have proper tap recognition.

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:51 am
petematheson offline

Sometimes my buttons don't seem to trigger - have I got faulty buttons?
See below - I pressed it once. then I pressed it twice.
The first push worked.
The second double push just triggered a 'battery update' but no actual command / trigger.

Z-Wave received "Button - Pete" button pressed
Trigger Button - Pete - 1 Push - Lamp On
Trigger Lights - Pete's Lamp On
Sent Hue Lights "Pete's Lamp" on to 1 at ramp rate 0.5 sec.
Z-Wave received "045 - Button - Pete" status update battery level 100%

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:51 pm
Frakke offline

petematheson wrote:
Sometimes my buttons don't seem to trigger - have I got faulty buttons?
See below - I pressed it once. then I pressed it twice.
The first push worked.
The second double push just triggered a 'battery update' but no actual command / trigger.

Z-Wave received "Button - Pete" button pressed
Trigger Button - Pete - 1 Push - Lamp On
Trigger Lights - Pete's Lamp On
Sent Hue Lights "Pete's Lamp" on to 1 at ramp rate 0.5 sec.

I’ve got the same issue I’m afraid.

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:58 pm
petematheson offline

Will have to return them all if they’re not reliable. Can’t really have a panic button that sometimes trigger a battery update can you !!

I’ve got 5 of them, different colours, in various good reception / distant z-wave reception areas and they all exhibit the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk