Qubino Z-Wave weather station ZMNHZD1

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 5:10 am
haakon offline

Re: Qubino Z-Wave weather station ZMNHZD1

Hi, I see that there have been some issues with this weather station. Does it work well with the current version of Indigo?

Or is the Netatmo a safer bet?

Haakon

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 6:02 am
CrazyFin offline

haakon wrote:
Hi, I see that there have been some issues with this weather station. Does it work well with the current version of Indigo?

Or is the Netatmo a safer bet?

Still the same issue, i.e. syncing into Indigo does not work properly so no sensor values are being updated.
If I sync in the ZMNHZD1 using OpenZWave Control Panel and then move the stick back to my Indigo setup then it works fine and all sensor values are being updated in Indigo.

I see now that Matt is actually waiting for some inclusion debug logs from me (from Dec 29th... Oooppsss!). I need to make a new exclude and then re-include of the device from my Z-Stick and get those debug logs so that Matt hopefully can get this working properly in Indigo. I really like the ZMNHZD1 weather station from Qubino and even though it is actually working fine now when doing inclusion using OZWCP it would be fine if it would be possible to do the inclusion process properly in Indigo.

I have no experience with Netatmo so I can not give any advice on choosing between Qubino or Netatmo.

I also use quite many of the Everspring ST814 temp and humidity sensors and they work excellent with Indigo.
I have also quite many of the Oregon THGR122NX temp and humidity sensors that report values to indigo via RFXLAN:s cool 433MHz transceiver RFXtrx433 which also works excellent.

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 6:44 am
haakon offline

Thank you for that update. I hope you will solve those issues; that would make the Qubino station a very good alternative for Indigo users. (Strange though that it is listed among the supported devices?)

Thanks for those recommendations too. I have a few ST814s indoors; do you use them outdoors in Sweden? I wonder if they can handle Norwegian winter temperatures ... They do fall below -10 C, which the manual states as the sensor's lowest operating temperature. I will certainly look into 433MHz sensors!

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 am
CrazyFin offline

haakon wrote:
I have a few ST814s indoors; do you use them outdoors in Sweden? I wonder if they can handle Norwegian winter temperatures ...

Nope, I use the purely for indoor measurements since they are not specified for lower temps than -10 degrees Celsius.

For my outdoor temp and humidity measurements I use the Oregon Weather station devices (rain sensor, wind sensor, lux sensor and temp/humidity sensor) that feeds the data into Indigo via the RFXtrx433e device. Works so good that I haven't really pushed for mounting my Qubino ZMNHZD1 on the roof yet.

(I do use the RFXtrx433 to control older 433MHz devices too as well as get input from them, typically NEXA devices).

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

haakon wrote:
(Strange though that it is listed among the supported devices?)

We implemented it based on the Qubino documentation provided, but we don't have hardware to test against (it hasn't been available in the US). And, as we've discovered with many Qubino devices, the documentation is often wrong/incomplete/unclear. So we have to rely on user reports to help us figure out any issues with a given device.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 9:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

CrazyFin wrote:
haakon wrote:
For my outdoor temp and humidity measurements I use the Oregon Weather station devices (rain sensor, wind sensor, lux sensor and temp/humidity sensor) that feeds the data into Indigo via the RFXtrx433e device. Works so good that I haven't really pushed for mounting my Qubino ZMNHZD1 on the roof yet.

LOL - so does Qubino. Their devices appear to be OEMd version of the OS sensors (at least some of them are). In fact, their weather station appears to basically be a bridge between 433MHz devices and Z-Wave, much like the RFX is a bridge between 433MHz devices and Indigo, but is dedicated to specific types of devices whereas the RFX is much more general.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 9:57 am
CrazyFin offline

jay (support) wrote:
LOL - so does Qubino. Their devices appear to be OEMd version of the OS sensors (at least some of them are). In fact, their weather station appears to basically be a bridge between 433MHz devices and Z-Wave, much like the RFX is a bridge between 433MHz devices and Indigo, but is dedicated to specific types of devices whereas the RFX is much more general.

He he yepp indeed! :D
In fact, I am able to see both temp- and humidity sensors from the Qubino weather station by polling their transmissions into Qubino via my RFXtrx433e transceiver. 8)
Works only for the rainsensor and the temp/humidity sensors. Not for the wind sensor though.

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 2:42 pm
Colly offline

I have been considering purchasing the Qubino Weather Station, nice discount here at the moment - https://en.robbshop.nl/qubino-z-wave-plus-weather-station?sqr=weather&
For those using it (other than CrazyFin as he's already replied) are they happy with it?

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 7:19 pm
toille27 offline

Hello Jay, this device has been available in the US for about two months as I've been considering purchasing to replace my non-working ambient weather WS 1080. I've been following this thread for that reason.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N17VVK2/_e ... 76SB3X55G1

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2017 8:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We don't have one however, so what I said still applies - we depend on users supplying us with information in order to correct issues with devices. It's just not possible for us to personally try every device type.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:57 am
litening offline

Can confirm that the workaround posted by CrazyFin (http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic. ... 93#p129193) still works.

Posted on
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:46 am
CliveS offline

litening wrote:
Can confirm that the workaround posted by CrazyFin (viewtopic.php?p=129193&sid=fce352d00de3ad7251f1ceab1ee344fd#p129193) still works.

Has their been any progress on getting the Qubino weather station working with Indigo as I would like to setup my own PWS and upload to Weather Underground.

I know @CrazyFin got it working via OpenZwave but I have no idea how to install that having looked at the zip file for Windows (no exe then no go!)

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat May 02, 2020 7:53 pm
Eagleye offline

Guys,

Just wondering if there has been any further update on this device?

Posted on
Mon May 04, 2020 4:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, no progress to report on it. We do not yet know the command sequence it apparently requires before it will broadcast out data to Indigo.

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2020 2:05 pm
CrazyFin offline

Hi there!

I had not used my Qubino Weather Station ZMNHZD1 for about 2 years so I decided to just re-test it again in order to make it ready for selling on the local auction site Tradera here in Sweden.

So I tried to re-sync the device into Indigo (I have the Aeon Labs Gen5/S5 USB Z-Wave stick) and while syncing works fine Indigo does not seem to receive any updates of the various sensors. I can see that the weather station receiver picks up the updates from the sensors and transmits them to the Aeon Labs Gen5/S5 USB Z-Wave stick but Indigo does not show any updates.

I decided to do a final test where I did a complete factory reset of the Qubino weather station transmitter/receiver unit.
Here is what I did

1. I first did the normal exclusion process by setting Indigo into exclusion mode and then pressing the button on the Qubino USB unit for 2-3 seconds (MAX 4 seconds!)
2. When exclusion process was confirmed in the Indigo log I removed power from the Qubino USB unit and then re-attached it to power.
3. Did factory reset by pressing the service button on the Qubino USB unit for 8 to 9 seconds (manual says between 4 and 8 seconds but I wanted to be sure).
4. Removed power again
5. Started inclusion process in Indigo (non-encrypted)
6. Attached power to the Qubino USB device and pressed the service button on the Qubino USB device for about 2-3 seconds (no more!)
7. Inclusion started and completed with success.
8. Started the syncing of the device in Indigo.
9. After sync was completed all devices showed up properly in the Indigo UI.

On my previous attempts 2 years ago I was able to get to point 9 above but after that I did not get ANY sensor updates in Indigo. I could see that the sensors were sending updates to the Qubino USB device since it was flashing when it was receiving data.

However! This time it actually worked!! :shock: :shock:
I turned the wind sensor cups a few turns and after 15-30 seconds I got updates!
All data from all sensors was now updating! See this picture:

Qubino ZMNHZD1 - Working!.jpeg
Qubino ZMNHZD1 - Working!.jpeg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

I even repeated the exclusion process, factory reset, inclusion and sync several times and all times it worked perfectly fine.
I am not sure what was different this time since 2 years ago I recall I did all kinds of tests but MAYBE I never did a full factory reset? Can't remember but it works now.

@Matt: Let me know if you want me to post full logs of the successful inclusion and sync processes.