Philio (Philio-Tech) temp and humidity sensor PAT02-B

Posted on
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 pm
howartp offline

Re: Philio (Philio-Tech) temp and humidity sensor PAT02-B

CrazyFin wrote:
I guess these values can not be made to show up in the Indigo GUI but rather now it is up to me to use these custom states on a control page to display the values there?

Correct.

The plugin will work with any new device that hasn't yet got a full device definition - once one is published it's up to users whether they change their control pages etc or not.

Peter

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 pm
CrazyFin offline

Wohoooo! So cool with the brand new Indigo 7.1 release!
PAT02-B works fine now and after a re-sync I can see both temp AND humidity as well as tamper status.
Tamper status does not work though and in the debug log I can see the following when tamper switch is enabled (= lifting up the device):

Code: Select all
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestAlarmSensorStatus: 01 0F 00 04 00 36 09 71 05 00 00 00 FF 07 03 00 44
Z-Wave Debug                    . .  requestAlarmSensorStatus: node 054, endpoint None, cmdClass 71, type 0, value 0, classSubKey 710000
Z-Wave Debug                    . .  requestAlarmSensorStatus: typeExt 7, valueExt 3, classSubKeyExt 7100000703

And when I put back the device on to the table I see:
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD nodeAwake: 01 08 00 04 00 36 02 84 07 44
Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: node 054
Z-Wave Debug                    . . . . . . . : skipping battery check (next check in 701 mins)
Z-Wave Debug                    SENT goToSleep: 01 09 00 13 36 02 84 08 24 5F 26
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD packet: 01 07 00 13 5F 00 00 04 B0 (hex)

I see also that you have hardcoded parameter 20 (the tick interval) to the default value 30 which means (as one can see in the Edit Device settings now) that the update interval for temp and humidity is set in step of value x 30 minutes.
Would be nice to see the "Tick Interval" setting as well. No big issue though since I am able to set all these params through the Modify Parameters command.

Really nice to see the PAT02-B natively supported in Indigo now though! :mrgreen:

Hopefully the tamper alarm will be fixed in the next release.

EDIT!!
So strange, my 2nd PAT02-B reports at least Tamper ON when I lift the device (but does not reset to off when I put back the device).
This is what I see in the debug log for this device when tamper goes on:
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestBinarySensorStatus: 01 0A 00 04 00 37 04 30 03 FF 08 06
Z-Wave Debug                    . .  requestBinarySensorStatus: node 055, endpoint None, type 8, value 255
Z-Wave                          received "Temp and humidity - Wine cooler - Middle shelf (PAT02-B) - Tamper" status update is on

and this is what I see when I put back the device onto the table:
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD nodeAwake: 01 08 00 04 00 37 02 84 07 45
Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: node 055
Z-Wave Debug                    . . . . . . . : skipping battery check (next check in 714 mins)
Z-Wave Debug                    SENT goToSleep: 01 09 00 13 37 02 84 08 24 A4 DC
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD packet: 01 07 00 13 A4 00 00 01 4E (hex)

Hmm I need to check if the parameter 7 is set differently between these two devices ("Notification Type" setting).

EDIT 2!!
Aaaaaah! Parameter 7 was set to 0 on the non-working-tamper device and 16 on the working device. After setting parameter 7 to 16 on the first device that one also reports tamper = ON now.

Case closed for the PATG02-B now! So wonderful! :D

(Would be nice though if Indigo could catch the tamper off message as well but I can handle that with trigger events as I do for other device tamper alerts as well.)

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo doesn't currently alter with (or show in the UI) parameter 20. Its default comes set to 30 minutes, which is why Indigo shows the x 30 min for those other parm values. If you edit parm 20 then Indigo still shows the x 30 mins, but that isn't accurate so just ignore it. I wish they didn't use a default of 30 minutes for parameter 20 – that is too high to be useful IMO.

I've modified Indigo to force parm 7 to 16 on initial sync which will hopefully avoid the problem you ran into.

This module doesn't appear to send a tamper off/clear/reset. That command you captured is just a nodeAwake command which isn't the same as a tamper reset. Some modules (maybe about half) just don't send tamper resets, probably because they want the user to have to manually clear the tamper alert state. Indigo does that by having the Turn Off UI visible in the main window for the tamper device.

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:17 am
CrazyFin offline

matt (support) wrote:
This module doesn't appear to send a tamper off/clear/reset. That command you captured is just a nodeAwake command which isn't the same as a tamper reset. Some modules (maybe about half) just don't send tamper resets, probably because they want the user to have to manually clear the tamper alert state. Indigo does that by having the Turn Off UI visible in the main window for the tamper device.

Ok cool, not a problem. I will handle the reset with a trigger event. 8)

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.1.1 is now available for download and includes support for the Philio PAT02-B.