Strips - The invisible door/window sensor - Sensative

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Strips - The invisible door/window sensor - Sensative

The inclusion looked okay. I agree it is a bit odd that it took almost a minute for the node found message to come back, but even with the G5 it took 10 seconds so that step can be slower.

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:28 pm
edrabbit offline

I'm having a hell of a time getting my strip to sync. Upgraded to Indigo 7.0.2 last night so I could use this.
Strip was included via manual button pushing on my Z-Stick S2, and it shows up as a Notification Sensor, but every time I try to sync I get a very quick failure: "failed to assign return route", followed by a timeout. Based on DEBUG logs it looks like the stick is sending something back almost immediately, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Not a range thing, I tried excluding and re-including, same behavior.

Here are my logs:
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "033 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT getNodeNeighbors: 01 06 00 80 21 01 01 58
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD getNodeNeighbors: 01 20 01 80 61 08 83 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B5
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  getNodeNeighbors: nodeId 033, neighbors: 1, 6, 7, 12, 17, 18, 24, 25
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 6, 7, 12, 17, 18, 24, 25
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "033 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT assignReturnRoute: 01 05 00 46 21 01 9C
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD assignReturnRoute: 01 04 01 46 01 BD
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD assignReturnRoute: 01 05 00 46 01 01 BC
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  assignReturnRoute: node 033, success 0
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed to assign return route
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT requestNodeInfo: 01 06 00 60 21 24 FB 67
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed
   Z-Wave Error                    Timeout waiting for "033 - Notification Sensor". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestNodeInfo: 01 06 00 49 81 00 00 31
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestNodeInfo: failed (module asleep or doesn't support command)
   Z-Wave Debug                    terminatingSyncUI

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:33 pm
edrabbit offline

And of course as soon as I post that, I get it to work. Looks like the secret might be getting the actual rhythm of the three taps with the circle magnet in order to wake things up.

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:38 pm
CrazyFin offline

This is sooo interesting!! :shock:

As you can see from my previous posts in this thread I had the exact same experience as you.
As soon as I test with either the newer Gen5 Aeon Labs stick S5 or the ZWave.ME UZB stick it works fine without problems.

I had a phone conversation with one of the co-founders (Fredrik Westman) here in Sweden and they had not tested the stick with Aeon Labs S2 and they had not heard of any problems with "non-Gen5-sticks".
(http://www.sensative.com/ and http://www.sensative.com/about.html)

Interesting to see that you finally got it to work! I have not been able at all to get it to work with the S2-stick but it always works on the first attempt with the two other controller USB sticks mentioned above.

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:54 pm
samb offline

Hi, I'm having issues with the inclusion with my Aeon labs Z-stick gen5. I'm starting inclusion mode, moving the magnet over the round side of the strip three times but nothing happens. Tried to include the old way as well by bringing the stick to the strip. Can anyone help me?

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 am
howartp offline

Is the green led flashing when you move the round magnet near the strips?

Have you watched the various videos linked above? I never saw them till after I'd struggled for weeks getting mine to sync as I was putting magnet in wrong place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:15 am
petematheson offline

With my S2 stick I started inclusion without encryption from indigo then just held the magnet on the rounded end until it flashed, moved it away for a second, then moved back, flash, remove, back, flash.
Instantly picked up and added.

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:17 am
petematheson offline

With my S2 stick I started inclusion without encryption from indigo then just held the magnet on the rounded end until it flashed, moved it away for a second, then moved back, flash, remove, back, flash.
Instantly picked up and added.

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:34 am
samb offline

Thank you, it's working now! :) Did it so the light flashed after every time the magnet touched the strip. Not so clear in their instructions...

Thank you, works really good now!

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:14 am
howartp offline

Matt/Jay,

Please could you redefine this (in your device definition) as a Door sensor, rather than Notification Sensor, so it implements Open/Closed status instead of On/Off?

Peter

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

It should show as a door/window sensor. If it isn't then I think that particular model has a different ID than the ones we know about, so can you copy/paste the sync log results?

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:54 am
petematheson offline

It shows as a door / window sensor but shows on/off - but I believe that is normal behaviour? Image

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, that's the current behavior. Unfortunately, with generic binary sensors we don't know (in an automated way) if they are open/close, on/off, etc. We have a feature request to make this better for some future release.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:33 pm
howartp offline

The "Class" when you write to log shows as Notification Sensor which is why I thought it was not a door sensor. The Model name is "Door/WIndow Sensor (Strips)" as with Pete's but that's just the model name, surely?

I know you can't automatically determine whether a binary sensor is open/close or on/off, but surely if you've succeeded in the hugely complex task of determining that this product called "door sensor" is in fact a door sensor (!) , and manually produced a device definition for it, it doesn't take much to determine that it is unlikely to be turned on/off?

(I've got two of these, bought 12 months apart - the oldest one doesn't have a "write-to-log" button which presumably needs resyncing but I daren't touch these things once they're in - they don't like being synced!)

Peter

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:36 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

My reply was to petematheson, not to you.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn