[ANSWERED]: Aeon Labs Doorbell ZW056-A

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:32 am
eme jota ce offline

This doorbell has finally gone on sale, but will it work with Indigo along with the Aeon Labs Z-Stick S2?

The sales site, not Aeon Lab's site, says:
WORKS WITH
HomeSeer
ISY994Zw
VeraEdge Z-Wave Gateway Controller - Set up parameter 80 = 1 (1 bit dec) to receive notifications and create scenes including the doorbell
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeon Labs Doorbell ZW056-A

The current version of Indigo does not have a device definition for it. We have one however, and supporting all Aeotec modules is a high priority for us.

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 am
eme jota ce offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Aeon Labs Doorbell ZW056-A

Great!

Thanks Matt.

Placing order, now. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help progress Indigo support for it.

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 pm
hwi1s0n offline

Happy to help as well. Device is inhouse and a recognized device.

Thought that the ZWave changed state trigger would work but no go.

-HW

Posted on
Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:38 am
diefledermaus offline

So I have purchased one but it is being seen as a switch or relay. What are those who have one doing to make this work in their connected world.

Thanks,

Posted on
Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 am
eme jota ce offline

Re: Aeon Labs Doorbell ZW056-A

matt (support) wrote:
The current version of Indigo does not have a device definition for it. We have one however, and supporting all Aeotec modules is a high priority for us.

Hi Matt,

Applied the Indigo 6.1.5 update today. I didn't see reference to the Aeotec doorbell in the notes, but needed to ask separately because the doorbell unit has been acting strangely (red flashing LED, Ding-Dong ditches where it rings but no one pushed the button...) I think this is just the unit acting strangely, but wanted to specifically confirm that the new Indigo update didn't add support for it.

Thanks,
mjc

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:48 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

v6.1.5 didn't have any changes related to the doorbell support, so Indigo still doesn't have a completed device definition for it. It does sound to me like yours is just acting up. You might try resetting it and excluding/re-including it with the Z-Stick to see if that helps.

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:23 pm
eme jota ce offline

Thanks Matt, appreciate the response and suggestion.

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:32 pm
NicholFD offline

Hello,

So is this supported now? Fully? This discussion thread seems be unclear.

What does and what does not work?

Thanks,
Frank

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:52 pm
canalrun offline

I am curious also.

I currently use this doorbell with SmartThings. In the next few days or so I will be moving it over to Indigo.

Is this doorbell supported by Indigo?

Do I need to do anything special, above and beyond the normal inclusion process, to include it in the Indigo system?

Is there a special Indigo driver or software that I need to install?

Thanks,
Barry.

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:16 am
eme jota ce offline

NicholFD wrote:
Hello,

So is this supported now? Fully? This discussion thread seems be unclear.

What does and what does not work?

Thanks,
Frank

I doubt that what I'm seeing is Full Support, but do not know what Full Support will include, ultimately. Here's the limited Indigo integration I see, so far:
    Easy to add to Indigo device list via usual Z-Stick inclusion process,
    Indigo shows it as a "(Relay Switch)" with "On, Off, Brightness Controls"
    The only Indigo panel buttons are "Turn Off," "Turn On," and "Send Status Request"
    Clicking the "Turn On" button in the Indigo control panel rings the indoor ringer.
    Clicking the "Turn Off" button has not effect that I've noticed,
    Clicking "Sending Status request" updates Device Details in panel and turns Off the device state if the "Turn On" button had been clicked prior to that,
    When the Doorbell button (outside the house) is pressed, the indoor ringer makes a sound, but Indigo does not log it
    When the Doorbell button (outside the house) is pressed, the State of the Doorbell in Indigo's panel does not change.

Features that I'd like to see included:
    Indigo's tracking of doorbell button presses for Log,Triggers, etc.,
    Changing of ringer volume,
    Changing of ringer tone selection,

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:29 am
canalrun offline

When the Doorbell button (outside the house) is pressed, the indoor ringer makes a sound, but Indigo does not log it
When the Doorbell button (outside the house) is pressed, the State of the Doorbell in Indigo's panel does not change.

Features that I'd like to see included:
Indigo's tracking of doorbell button presses for Log,Triggers, etc.,
Changing of ringer volume,
Changing of ringer tone selection,

Thanks for the info.

Concerning Indigo not recognizing an outdoor doorbell press – by default the doorbell is set to not send an event to the Z-wave system upon a doorbell press. There is a configuration parameter, I believe parameter 80, that if changed from 0 to 1 will allow the doorbell send an event upon doorbell press. Have you enabled that?

I believe there are also configuration parameters to set the other features you mention. Have you already tried these?

Barry.

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 am
eme jota ce offline

canalrun wrote:
Concerning Indigo not recognizing an outdoor doorbell press – by default the doorbell is set to not send an event to the Z-wave system upon a doorbell press. There is a configuration parameter, I believe parameter 80, that if changed from 0 to 1 will allow the doorbell send an event upon doorbell press. Have you enabled that?

I believe there are also configuration parameters to set the other features you mention. Have you already tried these?

Barry.

Thanks Barry,

Your comment was very helpful. I had not seen any parameters or defaults in the paper documentation that arrived with the box (might have missed it), but did find the online manual, which has parameters on PDF pages 7 and 8 of 8. Here

You were right, setting Parameter 80 to 1(and to 2) shows the following in Indigo's Log when the doorbell button is pressed:.
Z-Wave received "DoorBell" status update is on
Z-Wave received "DoorBell" status update is off

There is a 2 or 3 second delay between the ON and OFF log. Also, the Device status briefly shows as On within Indigo's device panel, then reverts to Off. Very useful, and I'm uncertain why a smart doorbell vender would require a parameter adjustment to enable send notifications - all of my other Insteon and Z-wave devices arrived with "send notifications" enabled out of the box.

Other parameters listed in the above referenced PDF allowed changing of volume and other features though Indigo -> Interfaces -> Z-Wave -> Modify Configuration Parameter ...

Thanks again, Barry!

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:58 am
eme jota ce offline

...one more comment regarding my experience with the Aeotec Doorbell.

It sometimes sends false alarms. Just received a "ding-dong-ditch" a few minutes ago. Since we have security cameras that can see the doorbell, I have confirmed that no physical being actually pressed the outside button, but it rang and shows as On / Off in the indigo log.

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 pm
canalrun offline

Over on the SmartThings forum they frequently mention these false rings.

Luckily I have never experienced this.

Even though you're using Indigo you may want to browse the SmartThings forums to see if anyone has suggestions.
https://community.smartthings.com/

Barry.