FGK-101 not working anymore

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:45 am
robertgerman offline

FGK-101 not working anymore

Hi,
I have used my FGK-101s (I have 5 of them) for 2 years now. The one used most frequent is at the front door. Now, for some reason it has stopped working. Last report of battery level is 39%. I got a new battery, put it in and it still is dead. The led is blinking away, but Indigo isn't communicating with it.

I tried to reset it (take the battery out, touch with magnet etc), no change.
I tried to exclude it, doesn't exclude.
I tried to include it, doesn't work.
I tried to "Sync and define" I don't know how many times, still no luck.

Any ideas what to do? The led is blinking so I guess the module isn't totally dead.

Thanks!
Rob

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:48 am
McJohn offline

Re: FGK-101 not working anymore

Hi,

Did you replaced exact the same kind (Volt/Ampere) of battery?

Kind regards,

John

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:56 am
robertgerman offline

McJohn wrote:
Hi,

Did you replaced exact the same kind (Volt/Ampere) of battery?

Kind regards,

John

Hi John,
Yes :-)

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:09 am
McJohn offline

Strange problem. I've 6 of them for 2 years now and never had a problem.
(even after replacing the batteries).
But the including process is terrible..
Maybe it's definitely "bruten" :roll:

Kind regards,

John

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:34 pm
robertgerman offline

McJohn wrote:
Strange problem. I've 6 of them for 2 years now and never had a problem.
(even after replacing the batteries).
But the including process is terrible..
Maybe it's definitely "bruten" :roll:

Kind regards,

John

Agree, every Fibaro switch and sensor has been a pain to include, except for the Fibaro motion sensors.

I looked at the controller and what sensors are available. Seems like the FGK101 has decided it needs a new ID so now I have 3 "new" sensors, all the same but non of them does "sync and define". This is getting stranger and stranger. I know I did the include/exclude once, so I figure there should only be one or maybe two "new" sensors available after that but in total I have 4 (1 is the old with ID 015, the other 3 are "new")

I hate buying a new only 18 month after I got it, they aren't cheap. I checked and it's not covered by a warranty anymore so getting a new is the only option it seems.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:13 pm
howartp offline

If you edit your existing device in Indigo and pick the latest ID from the controller, does it define&sync (making sure you keep it awake during the sync process, not that I've personally had any problems with that with Fibaro!)

If so, great.

If not, go to Interfaces > Zwave > Remove failed modules. That should clear the three new IDs from the Zstick. Then go and exclude the device as per normal.

This should mean both device and stick are clear of any pre-existence. Now try include once, then go to Indigo, edit your current device definition and pick the new ID from the stick and try define/sync again ( whilst keeping awake)

Any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:00 pm
robertgerman offline

howartp wrote:
If you edit your existing device in Indigo and pick the latest ID from the controller, does it define&sync (making sure you keep it awake during the sync process, not that I've personally had any problems with that with Fibaro!)

If so, great.

If not, go to Interfaces > Zwave > Remove failed modules. That should clear the three new IDs from the Zstick. Then go and exclude the device as per normal.

This should mean both device and stick are clear of any pre-existence. Now try include once, then go to Indigo, edit your current device definition and pick the new ID from the stick and try define/sync again ( whilst keeping awake)

Any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for trying to help, unfortunately I think this issues has to do with the sensor being broken. I can't include it, it's not awake. I can't get it to either. I bought another battery just to make sure, no luck.

Posted on
Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:10 am
McJohn offline

I have very good experience with the Philio Tech sensors. Very long battery life, perfect including proces and different options.
http://philio-tech.com/products_sensors.htm

Kind regards,

John

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am
McJohn offline

Suddenly I saw that only the old Philio sensors are supported by Indigo.
The Philio PST-02B series from last April are still not supported... :(
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

John

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:47 am
WouterK offline

Same thing happened to me, same sensor. After battery replacement it does not sync anymore.
Exclude / include does not make any difference. Send it to my supplier and they have tested it for a week. According to them the sensor is ok.
Getting it back tommorow and will try to get it working again somehow, otherwise I have replace it :?

Page 1 of 1