Fibaro FGMS-001 Motion Sensor, doesn't seem to sense!

Posted on
Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:12 pm
edwazere offline

Fibaro FGMS-001 Motion Sensor, doesn't seem to sense!

Hi,

I'm new to Indigo, and to Z-wave, but we've been running X10 based stuff for about 5 years.

We've got a couple of Aeotec Multisensor Gen5 which work fine (but seem a bit slow to detect).

The interface is a Z-Stick Gen5.
I have added two Fibaro FGMS-001 sensors, but have had very little luck with them so far. They have been included fine, and I can see them as all of their various sensors in Indigo.
However, none of the sensors seem to work correctly.

If I reset the tilt/tamper in Indigo and then move the device, it flashes lots of colours and Indigo updates back to that sensor being on, so it can see the device.
The Motion Sensor is On, and reports a Last Update of 3 days ago, when I first installed it.
Temperature shows "--" and the last update time is the same as the Motion.
Luminance 19 Lux, same last update time.

One of the units I changed a couple of settings on, following the settings in the manual, the other is "fresh out of the box", all I have done is included it.

One unit is about 20 feet from the controller, the other 4 feet.

I'm really disappointed as I like the form factor of the Fibaro sensors, and they're on the supported list of hardware, yet I can't get them working!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ed.

Posted on
Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 pm
howartp offline

Re: Fibaro FGMS-001 Motion Sensor, doesn't seem to sense!

I've got 6 of these working fine, but I can't remember the exact parameters.

We'll get you sorted if nobody else comes back before me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:15 pm
petematheson offline

I've just got one of these and starting to play around with it.

It looks like the reporting is disabled in Indigo by default.

Luminance change reporting interval: Default 0
Temperature change reporting interval: Default 0

I've changed them both to 10 although my Indigo is now saying "change pending" so waiting for the device to wake up (once per hour) and see if these changes happen.

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:48 pm
howartp offline

petematheson wrote:
waiting for the device to wake up (once per hour)

Or just open them up and triple-hit the button inside to force it to wake.

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:15 pm
petematheson offline

Seems to have sorted the issue now after changing those settings for me.

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:51 pm
edwazere offline

petematheson, Glad to hear it's working for you.

I've always had those values set to 900.

To be honest, I'm not hugely interested in the temp sensors, but the motion is what I need.

I'm not sure what to do now?

Ed.

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:21 pm
autolog offline

I had one of these stop working - I took the battery out, counted to 10 and then put the battery back in and it started working and has been OK since.

Might be worth a try if you haven't already done this. :)

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:01 pm
edwazere offline

OK, tried resynching the motion sensors, they seem to have resynched fine.
No better.
Tried the battery out thing - exactly the same.

I sat here still, next to the detector, waited ages, waved my hand across the sensor and it blinked as if to signal motion detected. Nothing arrived in indigo.

I'm pulling my hair out here, I bought devices which I thought were supported by Indigo, but it's simply not reporting motion.

Any other ideas?

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try using the manage associations menu item (under Interfaces->Z-Wave->) to add an association from the motion sensor directly to another module (like lamp). It'll have to be awake for that to be programmed, but then does the lamp turn on when there is motion? I'm wonder if they work when directly associated.

You can also turn on debug logging checkbox via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item to see if anything is being logged at all when the motion occurs.

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:26 am
edwazere offline

Hi Matt,
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I don't have any z-wave dimmers or relays, they're all X10 still. I assume it would need to be z-wave to associate like that?

I'll have another go with the logging, but it did seem like there was nothing being received by Indigo even with the logging enabled.

It's very confusing, because I do get the tamper alert messages, and if I request status with the module manually woken, I get responses.

Cheers,
Ed

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:52 am
howartp offline

Can you paste screenshots of your config dialog for the module(s). Probably needs two or three cos of the length of the dialog for these modules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Wake it and then re-define/sync it in Indigo. Copy/paste the Event Log results. I'd like to see if the define/sync looks like it is completing correctly.

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:05 am
edwazere offline

Sorry it took me so long to get this done, I've been a bit busy.

I guess the first line is me picking it up to wake it.

It'll probably see no neighbours, as I don't yet have anything hardwired on the Z-Wave network. I'm sat about 10 feet from the Indigo computer when doing this, if that helps at all.

Thanks,
Ed.

Code: Select all
20 Sep 2015 12:00:22
  Z-Wave                          received "Downstairs - Tilt/Tamper" status update is on

20 Sep 2015 12:00:56
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for device "Downstairs - Motion Sensor"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: - none -
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - requesting neighbor list update of "007 - Downstairs - Motion Sensor"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - neighbor list update failed -- will try to update nearby neighbors first
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - requesting neighbor list update of "007 - Downstairs - Motion Sensor"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - neighbor list update complete (no change)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "007 - Downstairs - Motion Sensor"
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Fibaro System - 010F, Motion Sensor (FGMS001) - 08001001
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 3.67, app version 2.07
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Binary Sensor : Binary Sensor (routing) (04 : 20 : 01, base 30)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 80v1 84v1 85v1 86v1 70v1 8Ev1 8Fv1 30v1 31v5 72v1 56v1 9Cv1
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved wake interval of 60 minutes
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - device "007 - Downstairs - Motion Sensor" wake interval changed to 60 minutes
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: [1]
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: [1]
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: [1]
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - group 1 association to interface already exists (skipping)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - group 2 association to interface already exists (skipping)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - group 3 association to interface already exists (skipping)
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 1 "Motion sensor sensitivity (8: most sensitive, 255: least sensitive)" is 10
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 8 "Motion sensor mode (0: always active, 1: day only, 2: night only)" is 0
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 6 "Delay after no motion before OFF sent" is 60 seconds
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 9 "Night luminance threshold (used to determine day/night if mode 1 or 2 is used above)" is 200
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 12 "Group 1 command type" is 0
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 20 "Tamper sensor sensitivity (0: inactive, 1: most sensitive, 122: least sensitive)" is 30
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 24 "Tamper operating mode" is 0
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 40 "Luminance report sensitivity (0: disable reporting, 1 to 65535: lux)" is 200 LUX
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 42 "Delay between reporting Luminance changes (0: disable reporting, 1 to 65535: seconds delay)" is 600 seconds
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 60 "Temperature change sensitivity (0: disable reporting, 1: 0.1°C, 2: 0.2°C, 10: 1.0°C, 20: 2.0°C, 50: 5.0°C, ..., 255: 25.5°C)" is 10
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 62 "Delay between measuring temperature changes (0: disable measuring, 1 to 65535: seconds delay)" is 600 seconds
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 64 "Delay between reporting temperature changes (0: disable reporting, 1 to 65535: seconds delay)" is 600 seconds
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 66 "Temperature calibration offset in 0.1 degrees" is 0 * 0.1 degrees
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 80 "LED signaling mode (see manual for values)" is 10
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 81 "LED brightness (0: auto from ambient, 1 to 100: brightness percentage)" is 50
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 82 "Luminance threshold for 1% LED brightness (only if LED brightness value is 0)" is 100 LUX
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 83 "Luminance threshold for 100% LED brightness (only if LED brightness value is 0)" is 1000 LUX
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 86 "Temperature threshold for triggering blue LED (only if LED signaling mode value is 1, 10, 19)" is 18 degrees
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 87 "Temperature threshold for triggering red LED (only if LED signaling mode value is 1, 10, 19)" is 28 degrees
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 89 "LED flashes red, white, blue on tamper" is true
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved battery level of 100%
  Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
  Z-Wave                          sent "Downstairs - Tilt/Tamper" status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "Downstairs - Tilt/Tamper" status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "Downstairs - Temperature" status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "Downstairs - Luminance" status request
  Z-Wave                          received "Downstairs - Tilt/Tamper" status update is on
  Z-Wave                          received "Downstairs - Luminance" sensor update to 7 lux
  Z-Wave                          received "Downstairs - Luminance" sensor update to 7 lux

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think I might have an idea as to what is going wrong. But I'm not sure why you are having the problem but others are not – possibly a firmware version difference. Can you turn on debug logging checkbox via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item, then wait a few minutes for the motion sensor's delay to reset and trip it (wave your hand in front of it until the LED blinks)? Copy/paste the Event Log results. I'm suspecting that it is sending a command to Indigo but not the command Indigo is expecting.

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:39 am
edwazere offline

Thanks Matt,

Is this the kind of thing you mean:
Code: Select all
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestReply1: 01 0D 00 04 00 07 07 56 01 30 03 FF D1 CB 77 (hex)
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD sensorSetLevel: 01 09 00 04 00 07 03 20 01 FF 28
Z-Wave Debug                    . .  sensorSetLevel: node 007, endpoint None, cmdClass 20, value 255

I'm fairly sure that was when I triggered the sensor. Any help?

Ed.