[ANSWERED]: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:19 am
fishmg01 offline

[ANSWERED]: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

Was wondering whether the Cooper Aspire RFWC5 5-scene keypad is on your list of hardware to integrate into Indigo or if anyone else has a solution to use these keypads? After stumbling on a post about the "matching brightness" feature in Indigo, I have been able to synchronous the status of the Cooper master RF9540 and accessory RF9542 dimmers for a three-way lighting setup, but their 5-scene keypad is just sitting unused.

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:24 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

They are not currently supported, but they are definitely on the wish list (Indigo works well with most of the other Cooper modules).

Posted on
Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 pm
fishmg01 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad

Yes, the Cooper RF9540 and RF9542 dimmers are working quite well with Indigo. It would be terrific if you could add in the support for the RFWC5 keypad so I could really take advantage of their product line.

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:07 am
fishmg01 offline

matt (support) wrote:
They are not currently supported, but they are definitely on the wish list (Indigo works well with most of the other Cooper modules).

Matt - any updates on adding support for the Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad?

Posted on
Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, we aren't giving individual feature implementation updates or time estimates. We are hard at work on a major release, and improved Z-Wave scene support is on out feature request list.

Posted on
Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:12 am
tomswell offline

I too have stumbled into a dilemma. 3 - RFWC5 that work as designed when using Cooper controller
How to integrate into Indigo system ?

Posted on
Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:03 am
howartp offline

Given the #indigo7sneak's floating around on social media, it looks like I7 is on the horizon.

I would be surprised (and somewhat annoyed) if ZWave scene control doesn't feature in some way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:18 am
tomswell offline

compatibility > Cooper RFHDC , Aeotec Stick Gen5 controll

I too suffer from X10 & Insteon interference unreliability so I Jumped head on into a pile of ZWave controllers to find incompatibilities.
The key issue is setting associations on a cooper RFWC5. With Indigo - Aeotec links the 5 scene control but doesn't allow setting parameters.
With Aeotec linked the "Aspire" control will not recognize device. I there any way to edit RFWC5 settings.
IE: program with Cooper as secondary control having settings "stick" and show up on Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:52 pm
fishmg01 offline

Matt - I know you don't give any definitive answer on timelines, but I was wondering if you do or do not have any plans to add support for the Cooper RFWC5 5-scene keypad? I was very much hoping support would be incorporated into Indigo 7 (which is otherwise great) - but that did not seem to be the case. I'm trying to decide whether to just swap the unit out for something else or hang on somewhat longer....
thanks!

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 am
howartp offline

Have you tried it with my ZWave Scene Controller plugin?

That doesn't require devices to have a profile in Indigo to be able to be used, as long as it uses one of two different scene command sets. (Some models don't comply, but I don't think I've looked at Cooper yet)

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:50 am
howartp offline

Sorry, just read manual; the RFWC5 doesn't behave as a dumb set of scene buttons - you have to use another Cooper product to create scenes and store them into the RFWC5.

Most scene controllers send a command e.g. "activate scene 3" to Indigo, which Indigo can then act upon.

This (and other) Cooper product stores the scene in itself and sends it to devices when button pressed.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:03 am
tomswell offline

:?: So your implying:
programing the RFWC5 with RFHDC programmer will enable individual button access via Indigo ?
I got the impression with limited experimenting that it was all AspireRF[RFHDC] or Indigo/Zstick but not both?
I have a huge array of X10 single switches [attic] with 4 - unreliable / critical , multi button locations in our main living space.
Making the transition to Zwave will take several hours and had better work or I'm in trouble.
I suppose I should set up an array of new goodies with test lamps prior to taking the plunge.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Adding support to create scenes in controllers like the RFWC5 is definitely on the list still. I've actually had one of these in a box near my desk for a while. If it can make its way to getting on my desk then it will be in the queue to be investigated. It is just a couple of feet away, but I don't have a time estimate as to how long that 2 feet will take to travel. :?

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:26 am
howartp offline

I'll do some reading... :-s :-)

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:41 am
tomswell offline

I so appreciate the replies ... yes 2 feet away can take weeks , life is full, the washing machine broke ... on and on we go.
perhaps when the weather forces me inside. Seems to me if we can send raw code some bridge can be established.