Fibaro Dimmer 2

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 am
howartp offline

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2

Have you checked if there's any parameters that effect that switch 2 behaviour?

The Fibaro switch models present both switches as independent switch states so I'm surprised they've switched to scene commands for dimmer 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:35 pm
kwijibo007 offline

howartp wrote:
Have you checked if there's any parameters that effect that switch 2 behaviour?

I'll take another look. I did spend one afternoon banging my head against a brick wall trying to get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 pm
agame offline

I've just migrated several of these from Vera to Indigo.

They're working fine remotely, however I have lost the ability to manually adjust the dim level by holding down the [physical] momentary switch. I'm puzzled since this is a default behaviour of the dimmer.... is Indigo overwriting some relevant parameters here???

as an update, its not all my dimmers that are behaving this way.... have included and excluded problem children and there's one left refusing to manually dim still. Before excluding from vera and including to indigo...worked fine. Still annoying...any inspiration anyone??

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure what is going on. Those Fibaro's have a ton (too many IMO) of config parameters, some shown in Indigo's UI and some not shown. Indigo never forces any of the Fibaro configuration settings though, so I don't know how it got into a bad state.

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:19 pm
agame offline

hmm. Okay will try resetting the device.

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:20 am
Grevling offline

mat wrote:
Same use here for switch 2 - I use then to toggle other modules via indigo. Kitchen switch 2 toggles led lighting. Sitting room switch 2 toggles low lamp lighting.

I think they are very useful

I had plans to have the S2 switch control a couple of hue bulbs via Indigo. I have created a couple of triggers for this, that is set to react to any device change for the S2 switch. Problem is that pushing the switch does nothing to the S2 device created in Indigo. Thus no luck so far.

Have you (or anyone else) got this or something similar to work?

Appearently there is an assosiation group (4) in the fibaro dimmer 2 that has to be assigned to a z-wave device for it to register within indigo. Could it be I have to set this assosiation to the Z-wave stick connected to Indigo? Kind of hard to explain what I mean, but I assume anyone who got this to work (or not) will understand what I mean.

Any input apreciated.

G

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:06 am
howartp offline

I don't have this particular device, but yes you need an association between the device and the stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:17 am
krissh offline

If I remember correctly the S2 device in Indigo doesn't do much. You need to activate the parameter for scene control for the fibaro dimmer, and then make triggers for the scenes. I don't remember if I made the triggers directly in Indigo or with a scene controller plugin. That way you can also set up different actions for double and triple click, hold and release etc., which is kind of neat

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:22 am
Grevling offline

Thanks :idea: , that worked, but is by no means self explanatory.

One would think that as long as the S2 switch appears as an individual device, one could set up a trigger based on its state.
This actually works to some extent, but it requires that the S2 switch is toggeled in Indigo. The push of the actual physical switch does noe change its state in Indigo, and it registeres as a device change to the dimmer itself.

So scenes is the only way to make this work.
After realising this I had no problems setting up the S2 switch to control the off and on stat of hue lights.

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:41 am
siclark offline

Have you thought about associating S2 with the other zwave device so you take Indigo out of the process? Its how I use them on my fibaro modules and its really useful. I have S1 control directly the main light in my living room, then have S1 associated with 2 zwave sockets that have some lamps plugged into them.

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:49 am
krissh offline

He was asking about hue lights and they cannot be associated since they are not z-wave :)