Devolo Room Thermostat - new device, new problem

Posted on
Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Devolo Room Thermostat - new device, new problem

Okay, I've fixed this so that the next release of Indigo (6.1.11) will correctly identify the Radiator Thermostat (Link RS) as being a thermostat and the heat setpoint should work.

However, it will not show the current temperature sensor value in Indigo for that device. in 6.1.11. We hope to have that issue addressed in the next major (7.0) release of Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:22 am
yassi offline

matt (support) wrote:
Okay, I've fixed this so that the next release of Indigo (6.1.11) will correctly identify the Radiator Thermostat (Link RS) as being a thermostat and the heat setpoint should work.

However, it will not show the current temperature sensor value in Indigo for that device. in 6.1.11. We hope to have that issue addressed in the next major (7.0) release of Indigo.

Matt, does that means for the moment, the new (similar to the LC13) radiator thermostat will also not show the room temperature until Indigo V7?
I don't undestand this quite well. Does that means I need an additional temperature sensor in that room?
Wanted to buy some before the cold weather comes.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:35 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What is the particular model number for the thermostat? Do you have one yet, or are you considering purchasing it? If you have it, then define/sync it and copy/paste the Event Log results into a reply for me.

For most of these thermostats Indigo supports showing and setting the heat setpoint, but doesn't read/show the temperature sensor value. We should have that addressed in v7.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:08 am
yassi offline

matt (support) wrote:
What is the particular model number for the thermostat? Do you have one yet, or are you considering purchasing it? If you have it, then define/sync it and copy/paste the Event Log results into a reply for me.

For most of these thermostats Indigo supports showing and setting the heat setpoint, but doesn't read/show the temperature sensor value. We should have that addressed in v7.

Matt, sorry, I can't find a model number, seems so they have only a name. They have an item name and a EAN code, nothing else. See .attched screenshot )in German)
Didn't bought them yet, if I could have one I would send the logs to you.

Ok, but what do you suggest? Do I have to install a temperature sensor there until they are integrated in V7?
Attachments
devolo radiator thermostat.jpg
devolo radiator thermostat.jpg (57.1 KiB) Viewed 3227 times

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

They should work as well as the older models that didn't report temperature values. That is, you will be able to read and set the setpoint, but not know the temperature in the room from Indigo. For that functionality you will need to use another sensor or wait until we have it implemented in Indigo (hopefully 7.0, but per company policy no firm commitment).

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:27 am
yassi offline

matt (support) wrote:
They should work as well as the older models that didn't report temperature values. That is, you will be able to read and set the setpoint, but not know the temperature in the room from Indigo. For that functionality you will need to use another sensor or wait until we have it implemented in Indigo (hopefully 7.0, but per company policy no firm commitment).

Thx, ok, then I think I will buy this ones (at least they will report the room temperature later when V7 comes out and will be integrated).
The LC13 as far as I know don't have the feature, am I correct?
Maybe I will put an Arduino with a temperature sensor as a temporary solution.

Posted on
Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:15 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I believe that is correct – the LC13 only has the setpoint functionality.

Posted on
Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:48 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 6.1.11 is now available for download. It fixes a problem with Indigo's Z-Wave Danfoss Radiator Thermostats (Link RS) model definition that prevented Indigo from recognizing it as a thermostat.

Posted on
Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:35 am
yassi offline

matt (support) wrote:
I believe that is correct – the LC13 only has the setpoint functionality.

Matt, does now the LC-13 report the room temperature with Indigo 7, or do we still have to install an optional sensor?

Yassi

Posted on
Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:10 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't think the LC13 supports temperature sensor reporting. Some of the newer Danfoss models do though, and Indigo should now show those sensor values (after a resync).

Posted on
Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:42 pm
yassi offline

matt (support) wrote:
I don't think the LC13 supports temperature sensor reporting. Some of the newer Danfoss models do though, and Indigo should now show those sensor values (after a resync).

Ok,thanks, I thought the LC-13 was not fully supported by Indigo 6, but so it seems to be "a bug" by design :lol:

Posted on
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This thread is old but I wanted to follow-up that Indigo 7.0 is now available (has been for a while). It adds supports for dozens of new Z-Wave devices, including more complete support for the Danfoss Radiator Thermostats (Link RS).