[ANSWERED]: Philio PST-02B

Posted on
Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]: Philio PST-02B

Hi John,

It most definitely is not the case that Indigo supports fewer Z-Wave modules now than a year ago. It actually supports dozens more – they just aren't the modules you might have. Browse through the announcements forum to look at all the Z-Wave changes we've implemented over the last year. In fact, just a couple of days ago we released a new version of Indigo that has nine Z-Wave additions/improvements.

There are some frustrating gaps in what modules are supported (like some popular Aeotec and Fibaro modules). We are actively working on getting support for several additional modules implemented. One of the driving factors behind switching to the Indigo Up-To-Date subscription model will be that it will enable us to focus on more frequent updates for faster turn around of new hardware support. But we obviously aren't yet to the point where we can roll that (Indigo 7) out.

In summary, I agree and sympathize with your frustration, but please don't discount all the work we've done improving Indigo 6.x over the last year. I've personally spent tons of time adding support for Z-Wave modules over the last year and to have Indigo somehow characterized as supporting fewer Z-Wave modules now is disheartening given the work we've put into it.

Posted on
Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'll point you to the blog post we wrote a while back about this, and leave it at that.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This thread is old but I wanted to follow-up that Indigo 7.0 is now available (has been for a while). It includes supports for dozens of new Z-Wave devices, including the Philio PST02-A/B/C Multi-Sensors.