Green Wave PowerNode 6 plugs

Posted on
Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:02 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Green Wave PowerNode 6 plugs

I believe this will need a device model and some custom tweaking to Indigo to make work. I have it added to the list for us to investigate after Indigo Touch ships.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2015 10:20 am
howartp offline

I've just ordered the 5-port UK version of this, so I'll see how mine goes and also submit a device profile for you to look into Matt.

Instructions are available on http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-greenwa ... -powernode under Guides.

Posted on
Wed May 13, 2015 11:39 am
sandconformgorgecloud offline

I really need this working, because it's a lot of tweeking and problems are hard to handle and workaround.
But if you need any report, logs, anything, just in an easy way to transmit, I'm OK to help.

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed May 20, 2015 10:16 am
howartp offline

Ok, mine arrived this afternoon.

So far, all seems to be working ok.

UK one only has 5 ports, but all are individually responding to on/off and to status updates.

The include/exclude button is the small reset button on the side, not the on/off button on the top.

Two observations:

[*]When you press 'Update' on a given socket (1-5) it only requests the update for THAT socket. If you press 'Send Status Request' it requests status for all 5 sockets.
[*]When you send a status request (or presumably poll) it will only receive any data that has changed since the last request.

So if your devices draw constant power without fluctuating, then after the first status request, that socket will never send another power reading until the socket is switched off, or the device you've got plugged in fluctuates in power draw. Similarly with the total KWH used - if you've got a very low powered device plugged in, you won't always receive an update to the KWH total for that socket if it's still the same as it was last time.

Maybe one request if Matt/Jay update the device definition would be an "All on/off" button - maybe create an extra device called 'All' (so 5 individual channels plus one more) that does all on/off. There's no single buttons on the device itself, and you don't know whether a press of the master button will turn all-on or all-off depending on its current state.

I've set parameter 1 to 255 - this parameter needs adding to the device definition. Also, could do with defaulting 'poll interval' to some value instead of 'activity detected' if that is definable in the definition.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:08 am

Is there any update on the 6 plugs model ?

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Still on our list to investigate.

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm
macpro offline

I received 3 of these devices today.
First one is up and running with the tweaks I read in this topic.

They were on sale here for 43,5 Euro which is really cheap to control 6 devices.

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:07 pm

I know all works hard on a lot of things but please can you help us on this device ?
Half of my house works with it, so new prices and Indigo 7 is not really exciting me until we have at least some tests with this.
Thanks

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This is still on the feature request list. I don't know if it will be in Indigo 7 or not yet, but it won't be supported in Indigo 6.

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:52 am
vrampal offline

Hello,

I finally get technical documentation from GreenWave.

Short version:
- param 0: Power change required to send a notification, in % from 1 to 100, default 10
- param 1: Keep alive time, in minutes from 1 to 255, default 2
- param 2: Color wheel selection, read only
- param 3: State after power loss, 0 = all off, 1 = remember last state, 2 = all on, default 2
- param 4: Led for network error, 0 = disable, 1 = enable, default 0
- assoc group 1: Color wheel change
- assoc group 2: Relay health
- assoc group 3: Power value change
- assoc group 4: Over-current protection

Long version:
Technical doc for PowerNode

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great thanks – that is helpful.

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 am
howartp offline

Ditto. I'll be checking param 0 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:13 pm
CrazyFin offline

@vrampal:
Wohooo wonderful!
Thanks for getting the Tech Doc AND for posting it. 8)
REALLY nice to see that there IS indeed a parameter that saves the state of each plug if there is a power outage (instead of as previously that the device puts all plugs to ON state)! :mrgreen:

I have already tested 4 of my Green Wave PowerNode 6 devices.

I was able to read and write param 0 to 2 on all 4 of them but I was only able to set param 3 and 4 on two of my four devices and the reason was simple, too old firmware version.

The 2 of my devices that do not support param 3 and 4 have Protocol Version: 3.33 and Application Version: 4.20
while the devices that param 3 and 4 works fine have Protocol Version: 3.41 and Application Version: 4.27

So if you gonna buy these cool devices make sure you have one with firmware 4.28 or newer (as the tech doc says on the cover page).

Again, vrampal, thanks for this doc. Helped a lot! 8)

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks for bringing it : I was in talks with GreenWave and my reseller to have it but it's really long.

I still hope now that it could be integrated in Indigo soon.
Because reports bug is still there.
:D

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:35 pm
CrazyFin offline

Agreed, also hoping that Indigo 7 will fix this bug.

On all 4 of my PowerNode 6's I get an update in the log when I press the update button on port 6 (which is also the MAIN port where I can edit device settings).
That report seems to be the TOTAL energy usage for all 6 outlets together and not for port 6 only.
(With debug Z-WAVE enabled I see in the log endpoint = none while I see endpoint numbers for example for port 5)

Pressing update on port 5 I get
Z-Wave sent "LABB - Power strip - Unit 1 - Port 4" energy status request
but no data (and endpoint has no 2 in the debug log)

Pressing update on port 4 I get
Z-Wave sent "LABB - Power strip - Unit 1 - Port 3" energy status request
and no data (and endpoint has no 3 in the debug log)

Pressing update on port 3 I get
Z-Wave sent "LABB - Power strip - Unit 1 - Port 2" energy status request
Z-Wave received "LABB - Power strip - Unit 1 - Port 2" energy total to 1.6598 kWh
(endpoint has no 4 in the debug log)

Pressing update on port 2 I get
Z-Wave sent "LABB - Power strip - Unit 1 - Port 1" energy status request
Z-Wave received "LABB - Power strip - Unit 1 - Port 1" power load to 5.7 W
(and endpoint has no 5 in the debug log)

Pressing update on port 1 I get nothing (not even in the debug log even though the Indigo GUI shows port being ON and wattage at 5.7W with energy consumption at 2.15kWh)

I think the reason for why some of the ports are reporting no usage data is the fact that wattage is 0 and energy is 0 for those ports (since I haven't used them since last reset).
Main issue seems to be some erroneous assignments of the node series (maybe a firmware issue and not an Indigo issue) since node 1 (the one I call port 6) seems to be the TOTALS for the whole device and not just port 6 (node 1) and the fact that my port 1 (which should be node 6) does not react at all.
I can control port 1 though nice and easily so the control works fine.