Green Wave PowerNode 6 plugs

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08 pm
CrazyFin offline

Re: Green Wave PowerNode 6 plugs

Alright, back home in my nerd lab... 8)

I realised that my prod environment was still on 7.0.2 and an old Z-Wave plugin so I updated to 7.0.3 that has Z-Wave 2.0.68 (my dev/test environment is on that already and has the newer Z-Wave plugin Aeon Labs Gen5 stick ZW090).

I then did a full re-sync of the PowerNode 6 that has firmware version 4.27 and did some initial tests.
So cool! All ports are working correct AND all ports report back proper load values when pressing Send Status Request! :D

I just now have to figure out how to send config parameters to configure it for automatic load reporting when load changes. I´ll read through the excellent tech manual in post http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?p=109978#p109978 that user vrampal kindly posted.

(I´ll also test to re-sync my other PowerNode 6 with the older firmware version 4.20 and see if all ports are working as they should and if power loads are mapped to correct ports.)

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:18 pm
CrazyFin offline

Nope, I was screaming YES to early.... :oops:

Port 5/Node 5 is still reporting its energy value into port 6/node 6 and port 6/node 6 is not reporting the energy/load value back to the GUI at all.

I´ll dig into some debug logs and will post them here soon.

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:28 pm
CrazyFin offline

Whaaaaat is going on with this device?!

I did a new re-sync and then port 6 / node 6 is reporting back current load properly when I press Send Status Request....
I need to dig into this more....

And I can't get any of the ports to report back current load automatically when load changes. I have even set parameter no 0 to 1 according to page 20 in the tech manual which should mean that the Power Node 6 should report back current load if load changes more than 1%. I do get load updates when I press Send Status Request though.

[EDIT]

Ok, must have been some kind of user error with the node 5/node 6 load reporting since I can not reproduce that error anymore.

So my conclusion is that this device (with firmware 4.27) works correctly for all ports with on/off as well as load updates when state changes and/or when pressing Send Status Request (or the Update button).

However even if I set parameter 00 to 01 (=1%) I can not get any automatic load updates when load changes more than 1% (for example disconnecting a 100W bulb from one of the outlets).
I am not sure if this is a bug in firmware 4.27 or Indigo though since earlier firmware version than 4.28 that seems to be the latest one are having different problems. 4.20 which I have on one of the devices does not work with parameter 03 (remember last state of each port when power goes off and comes back).

Trying for example to set param 03 to 01 (remember last state) on PowerNode 6 with firmware 4.20 just reports back:
"failed to read value -- device may not support parameter 3 or may be asleep"

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:55 am
howartp offline

Was the device definitely awake when you tried to set/get that param?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:38 pm
howartp offline

What is the status of this device and the power logging for each of you please?

I've just released ZWave Sensor Logger plugin which I can configure to map endpoints and totals as necessary, but I need to know what's working or not working.

Peter