Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]: Remove device from list

Looking at the debug output, these 2 lines:

Code: Select all
 Z-Wave Debug SENT requestHasNodeFailed: 01 04 00 62 20 B9
Z-Wave Debug RCVD requestHasNodeFailed: 01 04 01 62 00 98

show that the Z-Stick is responding that node 032 (20 in hex) is not in the failed state in the Z-Stick. If it were in the failed state the last 2 bytes of the second line would be 01 98 instead of 00 98. I'm not sure why the Z-Stick thinks the node is still okay, even after the sync against it obviously fails.

Unfortunately, aside from totally resetting your Z-Stick which would require that you exclude and re-include all the modules, I'm not sure what to suggest. It appears the Z-Stick is in a slightly confused state, but it is probably not worth resetting it given the number of modules you have.

Posted on
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Coolcaper offline

Thanks Matt. Will report back if I come up with something else.

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 pm
scs offline

I was having a similar problem trying to add a device and IDs 05 and 10 kept showing up ...
I was able to delete 05 with the action: Interfaces > Z-wave >Remove failed devices . No joy with 10 though .
Turns out it was in use by a different device and orphaned . I used the 10 ID for the new device, and found the device after a little hunting around the house. renamed the new and old devices....good to go.
Maybe this will help someone else.
Cheers

Indigo 2022.2 w/ Insteon and Z-Wave lights and outlets
Security integration.
Energy monitoring

Posted on
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:54 am
NewfD90 offline

Re: Remove device from list

matt (support) wrote:
Yes, what Dave said. The gotcha is that if the Z-Stick thinks that node ID is still in use then it won't remove it (because it isn't considered "failed"). The way to get around this is to create a temporary device with that node ID in Indigo and try to define/sync it. That will fail, and then the Z-Stick will have it flagged as "failed" which will cause it to remove it (the next time you choose the Remove Failed Modules from Controller menu item).

I'm developing my own Z-Wave module based on the Z-Uno and had a bunch of zombies in my list. This cleared it right up! Thanks for the tip.