[ANSWERED]: Fibaro RGB Module - Sensor usage

Posted on
Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:45 pm
GlennNZ offline

[ANSWERED]: Fibaro RGB Module - Sensor usage

Hi

Aware that this isn't supported currently (can't find the forum post about it though) but recall reading difficulty with multi-use devices.

But interested in adding 0-3V sensor (water level ) to Z-wave network and the Fibaro RGB Module would be ideal (senses 0-10v) to return this.
(Basically would be returning a 0-30 reading which would correspond to water level - RGB module would do nothing else)

Even though not off-the-shelf supported - any way for myself to get sensor readings into indigio via this RGB Module.

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro RGB Module - Sensor usage

Hi Glenn,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any way to do this in Indigo (even using raw Z-Wave commands). It is going to require additional work in the internal Z-Wave library we use, as well as changes to Indigo's model definition for the Fibaro RGBW and UI changes.

Posted on
Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:51 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro RGB Module - Sensor usage

Have you looked into using the MIMOLite module? It has an analog input that Indigo supports.

Posted on
Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:13 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Fibaro RGB Module - Sensor usage

Thanks for the reply Matt.
Thought that might be the case - put it on the list? :lol:

I am a bit limited module wise as need AU frequency which believe the MIMOlite doesn't offer.

Another solution may be a RFX compatible sensor, sensing and reporting voltage (ideally 0-3 Volts)

Does anyone have any thoughts out there on whether such a sensor exists?

Glenn

(Edit -link to settings parameters for non-HC2 controls for future reference.)
http://manual.rgbw.fibaro.co.uk/ras-rgbw-controller-en.pdf
Last edited by GlennNZ on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Glenn,

Yes, I meant to mention supporting the Fibaro RGBW's other functionality is already on our feature request list.

Posted on
Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 pm
srkinard offline

After just getting one of these units for my kitchen cabinet lights, I was wondering if supporting the additional 4 INPUT/OUTPUT lines on the device may be supported.

The instructions with the unit describe how those 4 lines are used...I have no idea how that ties into the Z-Wave commands. They show it functional in something called Home Center 2 in the docs, so maybe it's available for other Z-Wave controls to work.

I need to buy a second one (2 different cabinet sets in the kitchen and no way (short of drywall work) to link the 2 sections of lights.

I'd be willing to loan it out to Matt & Jay if they wanted to test with it if access to one is an issue.

One of them is inside the cabinet above the stove, so I was thinking of putting a temperature sensor, a gas sensor and a relay there to automatically turn on the fan if it detects high temps or smoke from cooking...with the relay wired in alongside the mechanical switch.

http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/FGRGBWM-441-RGBW-Controller/FGRGBWM-441-RGBW-Controller-en-2.1-2.3.pdf

Ross

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 7:54 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Ross,

Unfortunately at this time Indigo only supports the RGBW functionality of that module. Including support for some of the additional modes is on our feature request list, but we don't have any type of ETA for it.

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 8:19 am
durosity offline

+∞ on this modules inputs, particularly 0-10v reporting!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:06 am
PhysicsGuy offline

matt (support) wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any way to do this in Indigo (even using raw Z-Wave commands). It is going to require additional work in the internal Z-Wave library we use, as well as changes to Indigo's model definition for the Fibaro RGBW and UI changes.

I've found the FGRGBW to be a very useful device. I initially used it for kitchen cabinets, but then added another to light the interior of an antique display cabinet with perfect results. I needed to be able to have different level of lighting for different shelves and the module was perfect for that. Since then, last year I constructed some built-ins around the fireplace and lit those (with an extra channel for the Christmas decorations) and now I'm finishing up a set of Library built-ins also with lighting that I can adjust individually across the rows of shelves - brighter lights on the upper shelves where display items are, and less at the lower shelves, with a script to bring up night-light levels at appropriate times. The only down side is that my wife is beginning to expect me to perform miracles.

I've been patiently waiting for the wish-list of reading the inputs back from the module.......

So is there any progress toward those aforementioned changes in the library, model definition and (I guess we would have seen them) UI ?

If the MIMOlite is supported, doesn't that in some ways give you the UI functions needed?

Jack

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No progress to report on this front. Our feature request list is overflowing. :-)

Indigo does support the MIMOLite, but this isn't just a UI problem. There are several layers of abstraction in device definitions, and there is no way currently for Indigo to dynamically switch an RGB style device to a sensor or I/O style device.

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:56 am
gillekes offline

1+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1