FIBARO RGBW - Predefined programs

Posted on
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:53 am
iblis offline

FIBARO RGBW - Predefined programs

Hi all,

Xmas is coming up and it's time to automate my Xmas decoration. Last year I had it setup with Fibaro HC2 using their FGRGBWM-441 controller with predefined programs sequences. The FGRGBWM-441 comes with 10 predefined programs built into the unit, but when using HC2 you could also create your own themes.

Since then I have happily merged from HC2 to Indigo and my experience with the software and the community has been so exceptionally good that I have sold my HC2 box. Until now I haven't missed a thing from HC2 that I couldn't do the same or better in Indigo and I hope to continue this trend. ;)

So are Indigo able to activate any of the predefined programs on the FGRGBWM-44? If not, can we please implement this feature? And if possible also implement a way to create your own programs.

The only thing written in the manual about predefined programs is this:
72. Starting predefined program when device set to work in RGB/RGBW mode (parameter 14) - relevant for main controllers other than Home Center 2 only.
Default setting: 1
1-10 animation program number
Parameter size: 1[byte]
73. Triple click action
Default setting: 0
0 - NODE INFO control frame is sent,
1 - starting favourite program
Parameter size: 1[byte]

I know the Vera controller is able to utilize this option also so it's not only a HC2 thing.

I think the Fibaro RGBW controller is such a unique device with great possibilities comparing to other devices that Indigo should implement this device with all it's features.

Best regards,
Andreas

Posted on
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: FIBARO RGBW - Predefined programs

I'm not sure about how to program the sequences, but it looks like you can just use configuration parameters number 72 and 73 to have it start the animation. You can do that via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item. You can also access the same functionality from the Action panel (inside Triggers, Schedules, and Action Groups).

Posted on
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:44 am
DomoPat offline

Interesting ! you mean these programs are stored in the module ?

To access the special parameters you go to the interfaces menu -> Zwave -> Modify Configuration Parameters and select the module and parameters you which to change.
You can also define an action group to change the parameters, so it will be easy to put the RGB module in the mode you want.

I can't wait to get back home to try this !

Patrick

Posted on
Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I checked the couple of public PDFs Fibaro has on the RGBW and none of them say what command should be sent to start/activate the animations. It doesn't look like the API/commands for that are public, so I'm not sure that is going to work. Those configuration parameters may or may not be the ones that start/activate the animation. Give it a try though.

Posted on
Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:21 pm
iblis offline

Thanks for the update Matt. I will do some research on the Micasaverde forum and come back with my findings.

Best regards,
iblis

Posted on
Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:14 pm
iblis offline

I figured it out :D

Programs 1 to 5 are for the custom user color presets that you can create using HC2. Indigo does not yet support this feature so if you choose program 1 to 5 in parameter 72 it won't do anything, but if you choose program 6 to 10 magic will happen! :o

These are the predefined programs from Fibaro:

6 = Fireplace
    7 = Storm
    8 = Rainbow
    9 = Aurora
    10 = LPD

Matt: Make some phone-calls to Fibaro Headquarters so we can figure out how to program our own lightning scenes. 8)

Best regards,
Andreas

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:44 pm
DomoPat offline

Confirmed, it works for me too. Modes 1 to 5 do nothing, but modes 6 to 10 are operational and impressive: with just one command you get a nice light effect.
I was able to quickly create one action group for each mode, one button for each mode in the control page, et voila !

Intersting to note that changing a color (or sending an off/on) cancels the mode and returns to mode 1.

Neat feature, perfect for Christmas, thank you Indigo and Fibaro !

Now of course, it would be fun to be able to program modes 1 to 5... :-)

Posted on
Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 pm
toille27 offline

Confirmed here too. I've had LED strips on the outside of my house for 5 years and put the Fibaro Controller on half a year ago and had no idea it could do this. This is really cool and way more sophisticated looking than the Chinese controllers. Keep me updated on the 1 through 5 items. Thanks for the info!

Posted on
Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:00 am
jblackburn offline

Hi,

If we don't have access those user predefined sequences (1-5), how is the best way to send sequence to the Fibaro RGBW with Indigo?

Thanks!

Joël

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:56 am
jblackburn offline

No clues how to do that from Indigo (e.g. script, schedule, ...)?

Thanks!

Joël

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:21 am
DaveL17 offline

You can send values with hex--Matt has posted about it somewhere.

I have one coming tomorrow and will have a better idea soon.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 am
jblackburn offline

Hi Dave,

Yes, sending one color it's ok but for a sequence, that the question! :wink:

e.g. Color - Delay - Color Transition - Delay - Color - Delay - ...

Joël

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:24 pm
DaveL17 offline

Ah. Shouldn't be too tough to do with a script.

Famous last words I realize!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:53 pm
toille27 offline

I've tried doing a reasonably timed color pattern through Indigo and it doesn't work well due to the activity of other devices in the log. You definitely want something outside of indigo doing the hard work. DMX was suggested to me but to see how well the Fibaro controller does work on the 5 patterns you can access makes me think this controller can do a lot more than we realize.

Posted on
Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:33 pm
jblackburn offline

I've searched across internet and it hard to find more information about those predefined sequence. Things I discovered, those sequences are limited to 70 colors and minimum delay of 20ms:

Home Center is able to program those sequences (1 to 5). I'm new with z devices and if we can map the memory or reverse the HC commands, I'm sure we can do someting interresting! :D

Joël