[ANSWERED]: Aeotec Z-Stick S2 / Vision ZM 1601 / TKB TZ68

Posted on
Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:03 pm
kalophtalmos offline

[ANSWERED]: Aeotec Z-Stick S2 / Vision ZM 1601 / TKB TZ68

Good evening

First of all, I'm quite new in Home Automation systems...

I'm using Indigo Pro 6.0.18 on my Mac. To manage my Z-Wave network, I'm using Aeotec Z-Stick S2
I included some other Aeotec devices (Micro Switch, Door Sensor, Multisensor, etc.) without any issue.
Now I'm trying to include to my Z-Wave network a Vision ZM 1601 siren and some TBK TZ68 switch plugs... without any luck; Z-Stick is still blinking slow, whatever I'm doing with these modules.
Any guidance on how to include them?

Thanks a lot!
Franck

Posted on
Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeotec Z-Stick S2 / Vision ZM 1601 / TKB TZ68

If they won't include with the Z-Stick, then that means they might already be included with another controller (modules can only be included with one controller). This can happen if they forget to exclude the module at the factory when QAing it, or if the module was a return from another customer.

The good news is you don't have to have the original controller to exclude it. That is, you can exclude the module via the Z-Stick even though it wasn't included via it. So put the Z-Stick in exclusion mode, try excluding the module, then put the Z-Stick in inclusion mode and try including it.

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:09 am
kalophtalmos offline

Thanks Matt

I tried without anymore luck...

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

So what exactly happened when you tried to exclude them (what did you do, and what did you see)?

And what happens when you then try to include them?

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:17 pm
kalophtalmos offline

Same behaviour for both in both modes: nothing.
Inclusion:
* Short press on ZStick > slow blink
* Plug TBK TZ68 > click on "on/off" button > no change on ZStick
* Put battery into Vision ZM1601 > press temper switch for 2 seconds > no change on ZStick
> Pluging ZStick back in Mac > Add new ZWave device in Indigo > No new device shows linked to the stick

Exclusion:
* Long press on ZStick > fast blink
* Plug TBK TZ68 > click on "on/off" button > no change on ZStick
* Put battery into Vision ZM1601 > press temper switch for 2 seconds > no change on ZStick

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hmmm... sounds like either all of those modules are malfunctioning, or the Z-Stick is in a bad state (or malfunctioning).

You can try resetting the Z-Stick to factory defaults (from Interfaces->Z-Wave menu). Note you'll have to re-exclude and include all the other modules after the reset, so depending on how many you have that might be a pain. Other than that, I'm at a loss as to what could be going wrong. I presume you have the Z-Stick within a few feet of the modules when you are including/excluding.

I guess the other thing it could be an RF frequency incompatibility. That is the Z-Stick will be set to a different frequency depending on the region – a US Z-Stick is not compatible with EU modules, for example.

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:34 pm
howartp offline

I like Matt's last idea best, but just one thought - the TKB and Popp switches are identical hardware but different firmware. The Popp's require triple-click to include/exclude whereas TKB only need single-click. Is it worth trying that just to be sure?

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:21 pm
kalophtalmos offline

"I guess the other thing it could be an RF frequency incompatibility. That is the Z-Stick will be set to a different frequency depending on the region – a US Z-Stick is not compatible with EU modules, for example" < it might be that...

I bought all my ZStick and Aeotec equipments in the US and ordered Siren + Wall Plugs in Europe...
Is it lost then for all devices I would purchase in Europe?

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any way to modify the modules so they will be able to communicate.

Posted on
Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:54 am
kalophtalmos offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Aeotec Z-Stick S2 / Vision ZM 1601 / TKB TZ6

Ok, so I'll have to buy again all stuff for my area... or can I just buy a EU ZStick and have it work in parallel with the US one?

Posted on
Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo only supports working with a single Z-Stick.

Posted on
Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:16 pm
kalophtalmos offline

Ok, thanks !

Page 1 of 1