[ANSWERED]: Aeon Labs Smart Energy Strip ( DSC11 ) - Update

Posted on
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]: Aeon Labs Smart Energy Strip ( DSC11 ) - Upd

JustJack wrote:
Any idea if this has been fixed in the latest builds. I am going to buy some of these to monitor power for my media center and would like to know just how much energy they are consuming.

Still on the wish/todo list.

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:20 pm
howartp offline

DSC11 logging is now supported in Indigo via my ZWave Sensor Logger plugin.

Peter

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Aeotec DSC11 not reporting power usage correct (Part Deux)

The topic discussing this was locked, so I wanted to mention it again. I recently acquired one of these awesome little power strips (and like it so much I got four more of them) and while it works a charm is still doesn't report power properly. Not only does the power report of each outlet seem incorrect, it's reporting power consumption on one outlet that isn't even used and reports zero power on one that is used heavily.

I'm not sure if this is a rabbit hole you guys want to go down, but Matt if there's anything I can provide to help dial this power strip in I'm happy to help - even to the point of sending one to you if needed. Certainly it's not the end of the world if I don't get accurate power readings, but as I transition all of my equipment over to Z-Wave and power reporting (and this in particular because I got it to control my very high power consumption devices like amps) it's nice to have the information at my fingertips.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeotec DSC11 not reporting power usage correct (Part Deu

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
The topic discussing this was locked, so I wanted to mention it again.

It was locked because there was another thread about it (this one). I've moved your post onto that thread so we maintain a single thread about this device.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:33 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks Jay :)

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeotec DSC11 not reporting power usage correct (Part Deu

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
The topic discussing this was locked, so I wanted to mention it again. I recently acquired one of these awesome little power strips (and like it so much I got four more of them) and while it works a charm is still doesn't report power properly. Not only does the power report of each outlet seem incorrect, it's reporting power consumption on one outlet that isn't even used and reports zero power on one that is used heavily.

I'm not sure if this is a rabbit hole you guys want to go down, but Matt if there's anything I can provide to help dial this power strip in I'm happy to help - even to the point of sending one to you if needed. Certainly it's not the end of the world if I don't get accurate power readings, but as I transition all of my equipment over to Z-Wave and power reporting (and this in particular because I got it to control my very high power consumption devices like amps) it's nice to have the information at my fingertips.

Thanks for the offer C4W. I'll hold off on taking physical shipment of one right now (you should see all the Z-Wave modules on my desk in "the queue" :roll: ), but I'm curious did you try Peter's Sensor Logger plugin with it?

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:25 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

matt (support) wrote:
I'm curious did you try Peter's Sensor Logger plugin with it?

Not yet. I saw that on there but wanted to see if there was a native solution yet or if there was anything I could do to facilitate one.

Check Them Out Here