[ANSWERED] Wayne Dalton z-wave / car2u bridge

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:29 pm
dliccardo offline

Re: [ANSWERED] Wayne Dalton z-wave / car2u bridge

Thanks for the suggestion on using the Z wave scene controller plugin. I am using it and its working well for my Enerwave ZWN-SC7 scene controllers. It doesn't work for this Wayne Dalton scene controller -- no traffic on the wave bus it seems that the plugin can find. Thanks to the third party developer that wrote this plugin for helping bridge missing features from you.

Note, however, this Wayne Dalton scene controller was working perfectly in Vera as a generic trigger, so its possible to support, but perhaps requires some more complex scene registration from the primary controller (you guys), not sure. The way it seems Vera is generally handling secondary scene controllers was to register itself for each scene, so it would get the trigger and then could programmatically handle any needed functionality from there. Thats what you should be doing.

Again, generic support for secondary z-wave scene controllers, like the Enerwave and this Wayne Dalton, is something I have be begging you for now for literally YEARS. The Vera guys figured it out long ago, also a small company with limited resources and they are also building hardware. I expect more from you. You should view z-wave secondary scene controller support as a critical strategic development activity if you want to be part of any serious home automation solution.

I see a theme from you on claiming that every z-wave device requires significant custom development from you. I would challenge you to look deeper into your architecture, as the vera guys seem to have built a much more generic and robust system that mostly accepts new/similar z-wave devices without any custom development. All of these devices seem to get supported in Vera without lengthy threads from customers asking for support, sending logs, etc.

Oh, and I just got this email, so contemplating my next purchasing decision now. It would be great to be able to justify this to myself by seeing some more progress/commitment from you guys.

Hello Darren,

Your Indigo Up-to-Date subscription will expire in 30 days on Nov 20, 2017. If you do not renew your subscription, you will no longer be able to connect to your Indigo server over the Internet through your Indigo Reflector.

More importantly, you will also not be eligible for any feature releases (Indigo 7.1 is the current feature release) beyond the end of your subscription. Check out the great new features we added in that release for an example of the enhancements we'll be adding in upcoming feature releases.

Renewing your subscription is easy - just go to the Licenses page of your Indigo Account and click the renew link.

You may, of course, continue to use the last version that was available to you at the time of expiration, but note that you'll want to be very careful about upgrading macOS beyond its current version as that may introduce incompatibilities with Indigo.

If you have any questions, please use the contact form on our website and we will get back to you.

We appreciate your continued interest in Indigo.

Regards,

Indigo Domotics
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We carefully have to prioritize all of our feature requests, and make no commitments as to when a particular feature or hardware module will be supported.

Although I agree this is an important feature, please note that every user has what they consider to be "critical" functionality and there is very little overlap in the requests we receive. What is critical to one person is not interesting at all to another. That is just the nature of the beast when it comes to home automation and control – there are dozens of protocols and thousands of modules out there. That is also one reason why we prioritize creating (and improving) a robust plugin architecture. We are very thankful to all the plugin contributors out there that have really helped make Indigo as powerful as it is.

I don't like to play the "we are a small company" card, but do note Vera is at least 15 times larger than we are (probably more like 20x to 50x our size).

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:26 pm
howartp offline

[ANSWERED] Wayne Dalton z-wave / car2u bridge

Darren, please ask about this Controller in my plugin forum.

viewtopic.php?t=19392

If it’s like Enerwave it will need custom definition by me which, if the docs are any better than Enerwave, should be doable.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by howartp on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 pm
howartp offline

(Ps - not promising how quickly it will be, but very much quicker than Matt/Jay are likely to get to it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro