Monoprice HKZW-SO03 Logging Question?

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:46 pm
whmoorejr offline

Monoprice HKZW-SO03 Logging Question?

Got a bunch of these mono price smart plugs... they work great and they have built in energy meters that I have triggers for, etc....

Most of them are on all the time... just used for monitoring the current load on the plug.

The only downside is they are dominating my Event Log. I have about 5 of them and they log every time there is a minute fluctuation in the power load down to the thousandths place. So, about every 30 seconds I get 5 events.

There is no option under the Device Configuration window to suppress or hide logging and no option to adjust the sensitivity.... Any other way to get a device to stop writing to the event log?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Monoprice HKZW-SO03 Logging Question?

The general request to add more control to what is logged and when has been on the Indigo to-do list for a while, unfortunately there's not much to be done until then. I have similar problems with my multitude of various power monitoring plugs I use from Dome and others.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:20 pm
whmoorejr offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
not much to be done until then.

That's unfortunate. Sometimes I have something in my system not functioning, but since it's a background task, I don't notice until I catch it in the log file. With all the log file traffic I have now, I'm not catching anything anymore.

Bill

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did it come with any type of manual, or can you find an online PDF manual for that particular module? I'm wondering if it has any configuration parameters for tweaking how often or when it sends the power reports. If so, then even though Indigo doesn't have UI for them, you can change them via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item.

If there is no configuration parameter for them, then the only option is for us to add a device definition that hides the events in the Event Log. We can do that, but note I am concerned about how frequently they appear to be sending energy reports. If it is cluttering up your log like that then it is also going to be using up a lot of Z-Wave bandwidth and increasing the likelihood of collisions and reliability problems for the entire network.

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:47 pm
whmoorejr offline

matt (support) wrote:
If there is no configuration parameter for them.
Some stuff. Maybe Paremeter 151 or 152? Below is the user guide and below that is my settings.

Code: Select all
Apr 19, 2018, 3:34:29 PM
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP02 Relay Power Switch - Mikey" power load to 1.374 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP03 Relay Power Switch - Anna" power load to 1.459 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP01 Relay Power Switch - Rylee" power load to 2.911 W

Apr 19, 2018, 3:34:59 PM
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP02 Relay Power Switch - Mikey" power load to 1.453 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP03 Relay Power Switch - Anna" power load to 1.451 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP01 Relay Power Switch - Rylee" power load to 2.932 W

Apr 19, 2018, 3:35:29 PM
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP02 Relay Power Switch - Mikey" power load to 1.397 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP03 Relay Power Switch - Anna" power load to 1.435 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP01 Relay Power Switch - Rylee" power load to 2.939 W

Apr 19, 2018, 3:35:59 PM
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP02 Relay Power Switch - Mikey" power load to 1.422 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP03 Relay Power Switch - Anna" power load to 1.494 W
   Z-Wave                          received "ZWP01 Relay Power Switch - Rylee" power load to 2.936 W

The default for parameter 151 "Threshold" is 50W. As you can see from the log this is every 30 seconds regardless of power change..
Paremeter 171 and 172 (not sure what the difference is.. power report vs/ energy report).... but the first one "Power report" is set to 30s. If I change that one to "0" that should disable the report.... but will it still tell indigo if there is a power change to fire an indigo trigger?

Also not sure what the 50W threshold is thresholding?... My triggers are set at 20W. (Kid TV is around 24W)... so I get a "Mikey turned on his TV" notification.
SO03-User-Guide-Page-1.png
SO03-User-Guide-Page-1.png (226.47 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
ZWave Energy Plug.png
My current setting for it.
ZWave Energy Plug.png (118.33 KiB) Viewed 1293 times

Bill

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'd suggest changing 151 to 10 or 20 (10 or 20 watts), and set 171, 172, 173, 174 all to 0. If the wattage then changes more than 10 (or 20) it should send a report.

Posted on
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:07 pm
whmoorejr offline

matt (support) wrote:
I'd suggest changing 151 to 10 or 20 (10 or 20 watts), and set 171, 172, 173, 174 all to 0. If the wattage then changes more than 10 (or 20) it should send a report.

That worked. Thank you much. Finally a nice and quiet log file. :D

Bill

Page 1 of 1