Strips - The invisible door/window sensor - Sensative

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Strips - The invisible door/window sensor - Sensative

howartp wrote:
I know you can't automatically determine whether a binary sensor is open/close or on/off, but surely if you've succeeded in the hugely complex task of determining that this product called "door sensor" is in fact a door sensor (!) , and manually produced a device definition for it, it doesn't take much to determine that it is unlikely to be turned on/off?

Definitely on the request list. We did some work to add better state values for locks already (they used to show on/off), and I've made some progress extending this to open/close sensors. However, it isn't quite cooked enough to enable yet for testing.

Matt

Posted on
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:12 am
CrazyFin offline

CrazyFin wrote:
As you can see from my previous posts in this thread I had the exact same experience as you.
As soon as I test with either the newer Gen5 Aeon Labs stick S5 or the ZWave.ME UZB stick it works fine without problems.

I had a phone conversation with one of the co-founders (Fredrik Westman) here in Sweden and they had not tested the stick with Aeon Labs S2 and they had not heard of any problems with "non-Gen5-sticks".

Interesting to see that you finally got it to work! I have not been able at all to get it to work with the S2-stick but it always works on the first attempt with the two other controller USB sticks mentioned above.

Ok, decided to test once more after I have upgraded my Aeon Labs S2 stick with firmware 3.08 (released in spring 2016) since I was still running on 3.07.
No help though and I still could not sync it in to Indigo but including it to the S2 stick works fine. As soon as I test it with S5 stick everything works smoothly and it gets included and synced in on the first attempt.

Then I realized that I had NEVER tried with syncing it in to Indigo with encryption enabled and when I did that it synced in directly into Indigo with my S2 stick!! :lol: Finally!
Still somewhat strange since I see other users in this thread with S2 sticks that has been able to sync in the Sensative strips without encryption enabled.

Anyway, all my 5 strips are now working as they should so if anyone else has troubles with syncing in (inclusion always works fine) then try with syncing in them with encryption enabled and also make sure that you have firmware 3.08 on your S2 sticks.

EDIT:
A small clarification: These devices do NOT support encryption but my inclusion and sync into Indigo with the S2 stick works fine when I start the inclusion with the encryption enabled. I can see in the debug log that Indigo switches to normal non-encrypted inclusion process since Indigo discovers that the Sensative strips has no encryption support.
If I do the inclusion and sync into Indigo without encryption then it just wont work for some strange reason.
Anyway, my Sensative Strips are working fine now and note that my problems are only with the Aeon Labs S2 sticks. The S5 sticks works fine and includes and syncs in to Indigo one first attempt without encryption enabled.

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:30 pm
howartp offline

Just had my first Strips failure, but this one is only 3 months old! :(

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:26 pm
siclark offline

howartp wrote:
Just had my first Strips failure, but this one is only 3 months old! :(

Oh no. Was it bought new only 3 months ago? Looks like they still haven’t fixed the quality issues.

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:11 pm
howartp offline

You’ve got me thinking now...

No, that one might be one I bought a while ago without a specific plan for where to put it.

I’ve had one ages which is on Bathroom door, then that one was in my drawer and eventually went on Loo door.

I bought a 3-pack in July which two are in Kitchen and 1 unused which is now replacing the dead one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:07 pm
edrabbit offline

Painters accidentally removed the magnet but I was able to save the strip. Anyone know a good source for replacement magnets that are super thin?

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:03 pm
stuartcolman offline

edrabbit wrote:
Painters accidentally removed the magnet but I was able to save the strip. Anyone know a good source for replacement magnets that are super thin?

Would something like this be any good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Self-Adhesive- ... B009IQ9Y9U

Stuart